• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry of knives in NC

Ray

imported post

I live in the mountains and was wondering if it's legal to carry a fixed bladed knife on one's belt in a sheath?

Thanks

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

There is no law against openly carrying knives in NC but you may not conceal a fixed blade knife or a large folding knife (bigger than a 3 or 4 inch blade) on or about your body according to the law. If you carry it, it must be carried openly. I don't think the police would make a big deal out of it if your shirt happened to fall over your knife but make sure it isnever covered up to avoid the hassleof apoliceman who wanted to make an example of someone.