Thread: NPR's "Justice talking" show in 2nd A, DC ban

Post imported post

This was interesting ... interview with one of the DC ban plaintiffs, others.

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510067

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Liars.

Here is an excerpt from that linked page:

"...Throughout history, legal theorists have split on whether the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals to own guns or only the right to establish armed militias. But now some liberals are unexpectedly supporting the view that individuals have a constitutional right to own and use guns, and that gun control laws may be unconstitutional..."(Emphasis mine)

It has not been "throughout history" that the militia-only scam has been attempted. It is comparatively recent. I've heard Miller cited by later scam-artists. And I've heard reference to the last 40 years or so.

Watch that unexpected support from liberals.Scholarship proving the individual-rights theoryhas shot full of holes the militia-only theory, leaving thedoor open tocriticism that the 2nd Amendment is out-dated, unnecessary, etc.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I don't quite track your last paragraph ... how does the individual rights theory weaken the 2nd?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I recall a recent discussion or commentary in the upper strata of the 2A world (by this I mean someone broadly known and respectable as opposed to Joe Yap on packing.org) to the effect that some are already planning or in motion recommending that 2A is out-dated, etc.

Acknowledging the individual-rights theory does not for them do more than avoid making them look like idiots.Some of themseem to recognize thatthey are wide open to credible,persuasive, winning rebuttal when the reams of scholarship supporting indiviudal rights is presented. So,why look like an idiot? "You guys are right, italways has been an individual right. I see that now. Thanks." (next breath) "Inthis day and age, no one needs quasi-military arms.The government isn't going toturn into a dictatorship. We have police to protectpeople. We don't need the2A anymore. Lets repeal it."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I would argue that the day the Gov outlaws guns and comes to take them is the day after the Gov turned into a dictatorship.

Police don't protect people, if they did why is there so much crime in DC?

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I would argue that the day the Gov outlaws guns and comes to take them is the day after the Gov turned into a dictatorship.

Police don't protect people, if they did why is there so much crime in DC?
    Most of the sheeple will welcome the passing ofnew legislation authorizating seizure of all weapons. The wiser citizens will be cleaning the store shelves of the all ammo available and buying with cash.

Now you can label me as the "forum wacko", but I would hope gun owners would put up a revolution-style fight.