• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPR's "Justice talking" show in 2nd A, DC ban

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Liars.

Here is an excerpt from that linked page:

"...Throughout history, legal theorists have split on whether the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals to own guns or only the right to establish armed militias. But now some liberals are unexpectedly supporting the view that individuals have a constitutional right to own and use guns, and that gun control laws may be unconstitutional..." (Emphasis mine)

It has not been "throughout history" that the militia-only scam has been attempted. It is comparatively recent. I've heard Miller cited by later scam-artists. And I've heard reference to the last 40 years or so.

Watch that unexpected support from liberals.Scholarship proving the individual-rights theoryhas shot full of holes the militia-only theory, leaving thedoor open tocriticism that the 2nd Amendment is out-dated, unnecessary, etc.

CPerdue

imported post

I don't quite track your last paragraph ... how does the individual rights theory weaken the 2nd?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I recall a recent discussion or commentary in the upper strata of the 2A world (by this I mean someone broadly known and respectable as opposed to Joe Yap on packing.org) to the effect that some are already planning or in motion recommending that 2A is out-dated, etc.

Acknowledging the individual-rights theory does not for them do more than avoid making them look like idiots.Some of themseem to recognize thatthey are wide open to credible,persuasive, winning rebuttal when the reams of scholarship supporting indiviudal rights is presented. So,why look like an idiot? "You guys are right, italways has been an individual right. I see that now. Thanks." (next breath) "Inthis day and age, no one needs quasi-military arms.The government isn't going toturn into a dictatorship. We have police to protectpeople. We don't need the2A anymore. Lets repeal it."

IanB

imported post

I would argue that the day the Gov outlaws guns and comes to take them is the day after the Gov turned into a dictatorship.

Police don't protect people, if they did why is there so much crime in DC?

psmartin

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I would argue that the day the Gov outlaws guns and comes to take them is the day after the Gov turned into a dictatorship.

Police don't protect people, if they did why is there so much crime in DC?
Most of the sheeple will welcome the passing ofnew legislation authorizating seizure of all weapons. The wiser citizens will be cleaning the store shelves of the all ammo available and buying with cash.

Now you can label me as the "forum wacko", but I would hope gun owners would put up a revolution-style fight.