• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville Harley Davidson

reefteach

imported post

So I was riding from Cincinnati to Memphis for the weekend, when some of my electric went out on my bike about 30 miles outside of Louisville. I knew there was a HD shop off the highway, so I just waited untill I got there and cruised right in for service. They made it a point to help me out since I was on a road trip. While checking in the bike, I decided to take off my road jacket, exposing my Taurus PT145 in Bianchi Shadow OWB. No Problem, and definately noticed. I then browsed the store for about an hour while OC, and nobody seemed to think much of it, except for a few touristy type teen boys with their mother shopping for T-shirts. They seemed to get a kick out of it, and I think one of them may have even taken a cameraphone picture of me. CHEEEESE.

The most interesting aspect of this experience was that it was the first time my wife had ever seen me, or anybody else, OC.:)She knew I did it on occasion, and that I was a strong supporter, but when she saw the reality of it, she was a little nervous for me. That passed as I explained a few things to her. Eventually she was able to shop carefree with me.

The bike is fine. My amateur wiring from some of my mods caused a short (one of my my ground wires ended up on top of the POS battery terminal. OOOOPS). Anyway, they were quick in looking at the vehicle, and analyzing the problem, and recongizing my OC rights. A+ to the Louisville HD staff and management. All together,I was OC on their property for about 2 hours.

BTW, about an hour later, there was a huge traffic jam on the highway. I was getting hot, so I ended up taking the jacket off again and riding through miles of stop and go completely OCing (right hip in the fast lane) on the Highway with no problem. I also OCed at many gas station along the way without notice. Also at the Subway outside General Butler State Park (even the wife did not notice there).

TrueBrit

imported post

mattjohnston87 wrote:
That's great to hear! Glad the bike is ok too!

Too right! Encouraging that Louisville is not entirely full of GFWs, although it is reputed to be the least gun friendly town in KY. Reef, why not do yourself a favour and move south of the river?;)

TrueBrit.

reefteach

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
mattjohnston87 wrote:

Too right! Encouraging that Louisville is not entirely full of GFWs, although it is reputed to be the least gun friendly town in KY. Reef, why not do yourself a favour and move south of the river?;)

TrueBrit.

HA! I'm still holding out for HB347 to be realized to its fullest potential (that is the preemption bill which became law- ORC 9.68) There is talk on OFCC of an OC picnic:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=11690

I'll stick around for the fight, but I love spending $ across the river where my rights are respected. (No firearms in OH if alcohol is served).

What is a GFW? And I had no idea Lousville was concidered less gun friendly than other localities. That would have really freeked out the wife:D

TrueBrit

imported post

reefteach wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
mattjohnston87 wrote:

TrueBrit.

HA! I'm still holding out for HB347 to be realized to its fullest potential (that is the preemption bill which became law- ORC 9.68) There is talk on OFCC of an OC picnic:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=11690

I'll stick around for the fight, but I love spending $ across the river where my rights are respected. (No firearms in OH if alcohol is served).

What is a GFW? And I had no idea Lousville was concidered less gun friendly than other localities. That would have really freeked out the wife:D
A GFW is a Gun Fearing Wuss, and anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that Louisville and Lexington, bastions of liberalism, are none too fond of OC. Louisville has sought to ignore KY pre-emption a few times. Good that you and the Buckeye OC brigade are holding the line, and visit KY often , Sir.