• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In view of the recent topic on Immigration I offer this

Kelly J

imported post

[line]
I thought this would be very helpfull to send to all of our Congressional Members. You can Copy and Paste it into an e-mail.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/06/meditations-on-im migration-reform.html Meditations on Immigration Reform June 29, 2007 With the kind permission of the LawDog:
In 1986 the Congress of the United States of America passed a comprehensive immigration law, otherwise known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act.

In 1986, the Senators of these United States and the Representatives of these United States stood in front of the people of the United States and declared that this new law was guaranteed to control our borders.

In 1986, these Congress-critters stood in front of the citizens of the United States who had put them in office, and whom they were sworn to serve, and they solemnly promised that this new law would stop employers from hiring undocumented -- illegal -- immigrants.

The cost of this, they murmured piously, was that the United States would have to grant amnesty to the estimated three million illegal immigrants who were "hiding in the shadows" at the time.

Do this one thing, they promised us, and we will control the borders. Amnesty for no more than three million, and we will stop employers from hiring new illegal immigrants.

They lied.

Don't bother with protestations -- the Congress lied to the American People.

Oh, not about what would come to be called "la amnestia" -- no, on that the Congress of the United States went above and beyond their call of duty.

No, Congress lied about controlling our borders. And Congress lied about preventing employers from hiring new illegal aliens.

Now, twenty-one years after the deed, the Senate of the United States, in their colossal arrogance, believed that the American people had forgotten that they had been lied to in the past about "immigration reform" -- or believed that those of us who did remember would happily forgive Congress for lying to us about "immigration reform" in the past.

Surprise. A whole hell of a lot of us have neither forgotten, nor forgiven Congress for lying through their snaggle teeth to us back in 1986.

I seriously doubt if any Senator would deign to stoop to reading this little blog, but just in case one stumbles by, here's bit of advice -- no charge: Try not lying to us in the future.

Now, you're going to hear a lot of lies and bushwa in the fallout of this little experience in basic courtesy -- both from Congress, and from their Media lapdogs.

You're going to hear that without "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" that America will not be able to control her borders.

The person who says that is a liar. Border control is an integral part of the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"
that was the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act.

You're going to hear that without "Comprehensive Immigration Reform", that Federal Law Enforcement will have no ability to deal with illegal immigrants.

The person who says that is a liar. Federal Law Enforcement has all the powers and directives they need to deal with illegal immigrants -- an integral part of the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" that was the Simpson-Mazzoli Act of 1986.

You're going to hear a lot of dire warnings and predictions of American helplessness in the face of illegal immigration because the Senate didn't pass "Comprehensive Immigration Reform".

I will guarantee that a check of the U.S. Code will reveal a Federal Law to deal with just about any dire situation -- passed by Congress -- and ignored by Congress.

The American People trusted the American government to control our borders in 1986. Congress lied to us. The American People trusted the American government to control immigration in 1986. Congress lied to us.

Stop lying to us -- enforce the laws you already passed, show the People on the United States a good faith effort to enforce the laws YOU ALREADY PASSED -- THEN come back to us and float your Z-Visas, your touchback provisions, and your amnesty by and we'll see who salutes.

But -- BUT -- until the Congress of the United States of America stops lying to the People of the United States of America about immigration laws, don't expect my support for any new immigration reforms.

And nothing but the back of my hand to those Senators who decided they could walk another pack of lies past the American people with no challenge.

LawDog Return to the WMSA home page Copyright © 1997-2006 Western Missouri Shooters Alliance. All rights reserved, but all you have to do is ask.
In accordance with Title 17 Section 107 of the United States Code, all material contained herein is distributed, not for profit, for educational purposes, and for other fair use purposes including, but not limited to, criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship or research.

Please send suggestions, corrections, and comments to the Webmaster Hosted by Suncoast Networks.

Last update: July 01, 2007