• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy 4th

Kelly J

imported post

“Somewhere in our growing up we began to be aware of the meaning of days and with that awareness came the birth of patriotism. July Fourth is the birthday of our nation. I believed as a boy, and believe even more today, that it is the birthday of the greatest nation on earth... In recent years, however, I’ve come to think of that day as more than just the birthday of a nation. It also commemorates the only true philosophical revolution in all history. Oh, there have been revolutions before and since ours. But those revolutions simply exchanged one set of rules for another. Ours was a revolution that changed the very concept of government. Let the Fourth of July always be a reminder that here in this land, for the first time, it was decided that man is born with certain God-given rights; that government is only a convenience created and managed by the people, with no powers of its own except those voluntarily granted to it by the people. We sometimes forget that great truth, and we never should. Happy Fourth of July.” —Ronald Reagan

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Everyone that uses the Gregorian Calendar will enjoy a Fourth of July, thanks in large part to the American GI, but only Americans will celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY then, thanks to the American soldier, one of two only that has kept his promise to die for your freedom.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Realize that about 12 Million will be calling it Cuatro de Julio after their Cinco de Mayo.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Lew

imported post

government is only a convenience created and managed by the people, with no powers of its own except those voluntarily granted to it by the people.
worth repeating...

Safe holiday, All. We're still free.