• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

911 ???

I would like to see People's expression on their faces when I would like to make a Call:what:...:celebrate...(wait.. I need the Monkey too..:monkey

( found this as I was going thru the Selecting a Hand gun thread )
attachment.php

cato

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
Well sure takes care of that old question...

When you cornered by a BG, would you rather have a phone or a gun.?

LOL

How about agun that calls the police with your location when you pull the trigger? HMMMM, I don't want to give the MMM any more ideas before we get microstamping in CA!

Tomahawk

imported post

cato wrote:
Lthrnck wrote:

LOL

How about agun that calls the police with your location when you pull the trigger? HMMMM, I don't want to give the MMM any more ideas before we get microstamping in CA!
I seem to recall someone a few years back trying to market a gun or an accessory that takes a photo of the target when the gun is fired, like an aircraft gun camera. Maybe this was in NJ; those Judge Dred gadgets are all the rage in the legislature up there and there'r always some mercenary trying to make a buck on smart gun tech.

TrueBrit

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:

LOL

I was under the impression that cell phones came into their own after the fact. Best used when one has a dead or dying goblin lying in a pool of blood and snot,and one calls the cops to have the said goblin removed.

TrueBrit.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

cato wrote:
Lthrnck wrote:

LOL

Too late. There already have been installations of gunshot detection systems (GDS) in several U.S. cities. It uses sound sensors and triangulation to pinpoint gunshot locations and the idea is to reduce response time to the scene.

Results are mixed. Sometimes it works well, sometimes not.

The feds have underwritten some of the installations and eventually it will roll out on its own if the benefits that the vendorstout can be achieved.

Overall, the GDS concept is a pretty good idea. A lot of the usual reactionary opposition to the technology and implementions is being raised by the Luddite/MGGLGB axis but the technology probably will work.

I can't imagine any valid reason to oppose GDS implementation in urban areas. It's unobtrusive, fairly reliable, should reduce response times and is designed tokick in only when a gunshot is fired. The biggest problem has been false positives but they'll work that out.

Drewesque

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I seem to recall someone a few years back trying to market a gun or an accessory that takes a photo of the target when the gun is fired, like an aircraft gun camera. Maybe this was in NJ; those Judge Dred gadgets are all the rage in the legislature up there and there'r always some mercenary trying to make a buck on smart gun tech.
Well, they have cameras for tasers already. They begin recording video when the taser is turned on, which should help prevent misuse of the taser. I doubt it would be that difficult to set up a gun camera. Too much extra crap if you ask me.