• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What happens when....

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

So, earlier I was sitting thinking about what I'd do if someone actually gave me a reason to draw my weapon. Now... I know if there were shots fired that I would involve the police. I suppose what I need to ask is do you make a report with the police if you draw and are not forced to fire? I would assume so, because if you don't report someone else may do so first and then you seem like a bad guy. Would that be correct?

Also, what is it in Pennsylvania that actually warrants a response like drawing? Where might I find a set of codes that are easy to understand? What is it that actually defines a threat that you could use deadly force against?

A few more questions...

Does anyone know of any good classes for armedself defense that I could get enrolled into in South Central PA? I live in Carlisle inCumberland County.

All input is greatly appreciated!

DJ TURNz

imported post

To use deadly force in Pa you must have reasonable belief that you are about to be seriously injured, Killed Kidnapped or raped to be able to use Self Defense in your plea of "Justifiable Homicide".

So I would imagine you can draw if this criteria is met.

If you have to draw, call the police, that way they get your story first.

http://www.acsha.com <--- check us out. We have a self defense Course. Located right outside of Gettysburg

Whistlingdeuce

imported post

DJ TURNz wrote:
To use deadly force in Pa you must have reasonable belief that you are about to be seriously injured, Killed Kidnapped or raped to be able to use Self Defense in your plea of "Justifiable Homicide".

So I would imagine you can draw if this criteria is met.

If you have to draw, call the police, that way they get your story first.

http://www.acsha.com <--- check us out. We have a self defense Course. Located right outside of Gettysburg

I would like to take the advanced course that you guys offer but feel that the basic course would be a waste of time. Do I have to take the basic to get the advanced or can i choose to take the advanced without the basic?? thanks for any and all info

DJ TURNz

imported post

The basic course is a pre-requisit. Both courses are per the NRA standards and that is the rule. If you have already completed a basic pistol course, you can provide the training officer with those credentials, then you can take the Personal Protection In the Home course.

We are also having a bowling pin shoot this sunday starting at 1pm. If you are interested, it costs $5.

Come check out the club. I'll be there.