Thread: Need some people to post on TFL

Post imported post

HI, there is a post on the firingline.com/forums in the general handgun forum about carrying guns and the topic degenerated into a oc vs cc debate. Im mordis on that forum Please come and support the right to oc. the Post is called

"have you ever been told not to carry?"

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mordis wrote:
    HI, there is a post on the firingline.com/forums in the general handgun forum about carrying guns and the topic degenerated into a oc vs cc debate. Im mordis on that forum Please come and support the right to oc. the Post is called

"have you ever been told not to carry?
    A direct link would be nice.....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BobCav wrote: Bob, thanks for the thread, you and Mordis will be proud of me!Easier to get into Heaven than to register for a computer ignoramus like me, but I flew the flag for OC, as requested!For some reason my usual handle got knocked back, so I posted there asky greg, and may post again, if the slightly sanctimonious CC- only boys continue bleating and fretting about OC.

TrueBrit.

State Researcher

Post imported post

BobCav wrote: Thank you kind sir......

State Researcher

Post imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
    BobCav wrote: Bob, thanks for the thread, you and Mordis will be proud of me!Easier to get into Heaven than to register for a computer ignoramus like me, but I flew the flag for OC, as requested!For some reason my usual handle got knocked back, so I posted there asky greg, and may post again, if the slightly sanctimonious CC- only boys continue bleating and fretting about OC.

TrueBrit.
    LOL...didn't know I was agreeing with you over there....I posted right after you did....tried to "switch their legs", in a gentle manner of course!

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    TrueBrit wrote:

TrueBrit.
    LOL...didn't know I was agreeing with you over there....I posted right after you did....tried to "switch their legs", in a gentle manner of course!
    Yeah, and good post, well done. Seems like one or two OC men have weighed in also,which can do our cause no harm.Personally, I find the furtive behaviour of the CC only crowd irksome, but a time and a place for everything.We can only seek to educate them gently.

TrueBrit

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The "CConly crowd"you mention are just ignorant and apparently refuse to be educated...or else they arejust unable to think more deeply about the subject tosee the bigger picture. Self-inflictedmyopia if you will.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

I tried to make a good and reasonable post, but they just knocked me down becuase i used my security experiance to justify oc but apparently its the uniform that was the deterent...

Now if only we could get Indiana to pass a oc law i would never cc again..

Post imported post

I'm surprised that given the gross amount of times the "OC'ers are targets" arguments are used that there aren't an equal numbers of cites and/or studies to support this claim.

I get more irritated with the infighting of the OC vs. CC arguments because it does no good in advancing the reclaiming of our rights as a group collectively.

State Researcher

Post imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
    Yeah, and good post, well done. Seems like one or two OC men have weighed in also,which can do our cause no harm.Personally, I find the furtive behaviour of the CC only crowd irksome, but a time and a place for everything.We can only seek to educate them gently.

TrueBrit
    Thanks for the "well done"...somewhat ironic in that "my pair" haven't grown to the point that I OC in places where I would likely have LEO contact.
    I'm trying to approach the issue, here in Alabama, from an educational standpoint rather than a "face down with a knee in my back" position....seems to be the more expedient and less painful approach.
    All suggestions welcome........

Post imported post

Mordis wrote:
    I tried to make a good and reasonable post, but they just knocked me down becuase i used my security experiance to justify oc but apparently its the uniform that was the deterent...

Now if only we could get Indiana to pass a oc law i would never cc again..
    Mordis, I believe that, provided you have an IN pistol permit, OC and CC are both legal. Pay no heed to the Lord's Anointed Own CC boys, yours was indeed a good and reasonable post .Our Texan comrade Cloudcraft describes their state of mind rather well.