• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Stagm4

imported post

Hello there! I bought a nice Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. and it shoots accurately, anyone here have one? and how do you like it? or any recommendations on it?

Stagm4

imported post

Thank you! unfortunately i moved to Md after living in Virginia for 32 years! MD SUCKS!!!! and thank god I am renting a place. i could move back to Virginia to get all of my gun rights back, including CCW.

compmanio365

imported post

Saw that gun in the Shooter's Bible I picked up a while back. Looks pretty nice, kinda 'spacey', like I imagine the M-16 looked to the first grunts that saw that gun....:cool:

How much did it set you back?

Stagm4

imported post

Happy 4th! I bought it at 529.00 at Outdoor World. reasonable price for a "futuristic" weapon. it is extremely accurate at 25 yards..... tight groups. I use Hornady TAP 124 gr hollow point for defense and winchester 9mm FMJ for target. also I have two Stag Arms M-4 lefties, one being a 5.56mm and the other is a 6.8 mm. i like the 6.8 due to is power over the 5.56. the Beretta PX4 Storm has a rotating barrel for accuracy.

Malarky

imported post

Well hey there, the Beretta PX4 storm is my first (and only) pistol. I also got the 9mm version and love it to death. Ive recently started OCing it around to my friends houses and stuff. Not as ballsy to just walk around with it in the open yet, but its coming. I am looking for some good, dependable, defensive ammo. Leaning towards the Ranger +por Speer Gold Dot.

Stagm4

imported post

Hey , thanks for the input, I use Winchester 9mmFMJ 115grpractice ammo for it , fired 600 rounds, no jam or malfunction. and as for personal defense, I use Hornady TAP 124gr hp. I am going to the gun show this weekend at Dulles Expo on saturday to buy more ammo as well as tactical ammo for my two M-4's. one is 6.8 and the other is 5.56mm. ttyl

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mine has been a very pleasant surprise. I previously had an 8040 Beretta and traded it. The PX4 I bought ( a 9mm ) kind of on a whim and I didn't intend on carrying it. However, it passed my initial smoke test - over 1200 rounds in one day, including WWB, UMC, Federal, Corbon, Winchester ranger, and more WWB, no cleaning, no oil, no interruptions just me and my friends shooting it. Since then I have put about 7500 more rounds through it with the following issues.

1 FTF of WWB 115 grain.

2 magazines; one of the originals, plus one of my 20 rounders did not lock back the slide at about 5500 rounds. I ordered springs for the 17 rounders, and a 20 round "kit" which adds the extension and changes the spring in the existing 17 round mag body. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a 20 round replacement spring only and the kit is $24 or so. The 17 round springs are 6 bucks for a couple or thereabouts.

The gun fits great and I removed the ball detent from the -used-to-be- safety, now decocker only which I like much better. About the only thing not to like is getting a holster.

Once you've shot it a bit, you'll see the wear pattern develop on the barrel. keep the contact points well oiled and the gun will run fine; all day long and then some.