• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi there

larz

imported post

I'm just a new member here to introduce myself. I'm 22 and right now I'm carrying a 2nd gen Glock 17 in what my friend calls an airsoft holster :shock: I'm not planning to keep it since I don't like the glock at all. Currently I am just waiting for my Sig P226R DAK in a .40 to come in. I've been open carrying ever since I got my CPL which has been about a week now, it's just more comfortable for me. Open carrying has not felt akward for me in the slightest which surprised me. So for the past few days I've been walking around Renton, Kent, Federal Way, Ballard, and South Park with it. No problems as of yet which is great. right now I'm looking to replace the G17 with a M&P9 or a 92fs. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet and meet some of you guys.

larz

imported post

I've been lurking for about a month now so I've read quite a bit on what has been going on, lots of interesting reads too.

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah, walking around South Park is really necessary to carry. I grew up from birth to 12 years old a block off from the Rec. Center (on S. Rose St.).... My dad only called in the gunfire when it was full-auto; the 911 operator would ask if he was sure it wasn't a backfiring car and he'd state he was an in-country Vietnam Veteran and they'd get serious and say "Yes sir, we're sending out officers right away."

gregma

imported post

larz wrote:
I'm just a new member here to introduce myself. I'm 22 and right now I'm carrying a 2nd gen Glock 17 in what my friend calls an airsoft holster :shock: I'm not planning to keep it since I don't like the glock at all. Currently I am just waiting for my Sig P226R DAK in a .40 to come in. I've been open carrying ever since I got my CPL which has been about a week now, it's just more comfortable for me. Open carrying has not felt akward for me in the slightest which surprised me. So for the past few days I've been walking around Renton, Kent, Federal Way, Ballard, and South Park with it. No problems as of yet which is great. right now I'm looking to replace the G17 with a M&P9 or a 92fs. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet and meet some of you guys.
Welcome to the board Larz! I also have yet to have a problem OC'ing, but that's not to say it won't ever happen. Hope to see you at the OpenCarry picnic this month!

expvideo

imported post

gregma wrote:
larz wrote:
Welcome to the board Larz! I also have yet to have a problem OC'ing, but that's not to say it won't ever happen. Hope to see you at the OpenCarry picnic this month!

I am in the same boat. I haven't had any trouble OCing and I've been doing it a lot. I think we're just getting to the point in Washington where we don't really have to worry (too much) about police harrassment.... I know I'm going to eat those words eventually, but for now I'll continue to be impressed by every cop that looks at my gun, looks at me, then does nothing.

And I highly recommend the sig. I'm a sig man myself.

cut_cutta

imported post

Hey larz, nice to see another younger guy that open carries. I just started recently. I was also suprised at how 'comfortable' it felt, even at first. I mean in terms of mentally comfortable, not only physical. When I think about it though, it SHOULD be comfortable, because I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal, so why should it feel uncomfortable?

larz

imported post

It was comfortable until I picked up my Sig p220R SAO and a galco holster, I just felt a little uncomfortable since it had no other retention other than the tight fit, but I am gradually getting used to it, and my surroundings. I am still waiting for my p226r dak in a .40 though, so I have to give Champion Arms in Kent a thumbs down other than for their cheap range fees compared to Wade's, I've been waiting 3 weeks now since i paid it in full. I still don't know if I can make it to the meet until I see my schedule which will probably be the monday after this one.