Thread: Marine Who Killed Robber Gets Scorn, Praise (So. FL)

Post imported post

http://www.courant.com/news/nationwo...,4114152.story

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Some are calling a former U.S. Marine a hero for shooting two men - killing one - during a botched robbery of a sandwich shop in Plantation, Fla.
    Typical flacid liberal whining thrown in, but still a good read.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

How do the bad guys get portrayed as the victims, and the marine is made to look like a murderer? Maybe if this kind of thing would happen more often crime rates would go down? Not too many common thugs out there are going to keep holding stores and people up if they know there is a good chance they are going to be shot or maybe killed for their crime.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The "others" who object are probably three gun-control advocates and the deceased's mother. The media purposefully leaves that sort of information vague so they can make it look some controversy or covertly promote their agenda.

Its an interesting little tidbit that the other perp took a .45 ACP in the chest and was still able to run. No handgun is a guaranteed one-shot stopper. I just haven't had a lot of anecdotal evidence on it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Shoulder & collar bone = chest.

And you can live for a day or to with a punctured stomach.

That being said, shot placement is crucial.

Post imported post

Bravo! This guy did good.

From the article, it seems like he was even ready to just give the guys his wallet rather than risk a confrontation, and didn't decide to open fire until one of the thugs ordered him into the bathroom. This Marine did everything right - it would take an anti-self-defense whiner of the highest order to find fault with his actions.

Post imported post

Stealth Potato wrote:
    Bravo! This guy did good.

From the article, it seems like he was even ready to just give the guys his wallet rather than risk a confrontation, and didn't decide to open fire until one of the thugs ordered him into the bathroom. This Marine did everything right - it would take an anti-self-defense whiner of the highest order to find fault with his actions.
    Oh, there's already plenty of whiners. :quirky