• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Virginia Gun Rights!

C

ccloud43

imported post

Thanks and great job on this Bob. Im gonna give these out when approached instead of making up buisness cards.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Now if I can only figure out how to print this double sided so that I don't have to staple it together.:quirky

Hay, I did it! Ain't I smart! Actually my sweetie helped me. :D

Now if I can just figure out how to get those .45 DPXs to feed through the copier I'd be a happy man!
Yata hey

IanB

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Now if I can just figure out how to get those .45 DPXs to feed through the copier I'd be a happy man!
Aha! Another smart man who carries DPX!!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bob,

I like your tri-fold brochure for VA gun rights, but have a question/comment.

It is not clear to me whether some of the off-limits places you mention, or an approved method of car carry or carry ata bar (for instance) are for licensed CCWers, licensed OCers, or unlicensed (yet otherwise unprohibited) people.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
Bob,

It is not clear to me whether some of the off-limits places you mention, or an approved method of car carry or carry at a bar (for instance) are for licensed CCWers,  licensed OCers, or unlicensed (yet otherwise unprohibited) people.

I am not seeing this at all. On page two (the back if you will) there is a list of places where carry is restricted. Bob has annotated each of those places as appropriate to OC, CC, or other limitations or exemptions.

Part of the problem is that you simply cannot put everything in a single page. With apologies to the LEOs here, if you could the LEOs could digest and remember it, and we would not need the handout. There is just too much to cover every detail, but Bob has hit all the high points AFAICT.

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
Bob,

It is not clear to me whether some of the off-limits places you mention, or an approved method of car carry or carry ata bar (for instance) are for licensed CCWers, licensed OCers, or unlicensed (yet otherwise unprohibited) people.

Since I primarily made it for folks already here in Virginia who for the most part know the law, I didn't expand on it too much, as space was limited.

There is no license or permit required to OC in Virginia,only to conceal. You cannot purchase a handgun or conceal until 21, but can own one and OC only at 18 (a gift, perhaps).

The law in VA is OC only in restaurants/bars, no CC allowed at all. All other places listed are no firearms at all.

In Virginia you can conceal in your car if you have a CHP, or open carry with no permit at all as long as it's completely visible, preferable on the seat or dashboard, but a mounted holster in the car would be good also. The only reason I have a CHP is because it's just easier while in the car and covers my butt should I accidentally and unintentionally conceal.

That help?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well Bob, 1 down, only 52 (Guam, Porta Rico, US Virgini Islands) to go.:lol:

For what it is worth New York is easy a simple "NO!" should cover it all.

Touch the monkey:monkey

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Well Bob, 1 down, only 52 (Guam, Porta Rico, US Virgini Islands) to go.:lol:

For what it is worth New York is easy a simple "NO!" should cover it all.

Touch the monkey:monkey

Regards

Here's DC's!

Attachments

• DCGunRights.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 127

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bob,

Thank you for your response.

So if I'm reading it right, you can OC in a bar in VA without a license?

A suggestion - you could use an asterisk or somesuch in places where you may not have enough space to say "CHL required" or "No CHL required".

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
...SNIP

Here's DC's!

ROTFLMAO!!!:lol:

Hawaii would be about the same.:lol:, and I think California might fit on the back of a business card.

I did not include DC in the count. They claim they are not a state for Constitutional purposes, and frankly I am happy not to include them with the rest of the free thinkers in the Country.

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
Bob,

Thank you for your response.

So if I'm reading it right, you can OC in a bar in VA without a license?

A suggestion - you could use an asterisk or somesuch in places where you may not have enough space to say "CHL required" or "No CHL required".

Yep, you can ONLY OC in a bar, restaurant that serves alcohol. CC is illegal. We've been trying to get that one changed.

Thanks for the suggestion!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I should have emphasized what I was focusing on - OC in a bar without a license?

I knew VA required OC in a bar, I'm just not sure if you can do so unlicensed.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
I should have emphasized what I was focusing on - OC in a bar without a license?

I knew VA required OC in a bar, I'm just not sure if you can do so unlicensed.
Since there is no license in Virginia required to OC anywhere; yes, you can OC in a Virginia Bar without a license.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I liked the wording, "OC required in restaurant/bar" better. :)

Imaginea state law requiring you to OC! Now that would becool!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

boomcat wrote:
OUTSTANDING!!!

Thanks BOOMCAT and welcome to OCDO! Tell us a bit about yourself and jump on in, the water's fine and the company is great. Well, except for one. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself! lol....