• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Virginia Gun Rights!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Folks, I just updated the "Your Virginia Gun Rights" flyer I created and made it into a new easy to carry brochure format.

After the FCPD asked if we had a handout, and unrequited gave them an old copy of my "Your Virginia Gun Rights", it got me thinking about creating a handout with all the old info and more.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3356.html

Lemme know what you think. Your opinion is always welcome!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav,

This was eliquently done.

Could you by chance make on for Utah ???

I know you are a busy man and it might take some time. It would be greatly appreciated.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
BobCav, § 15.2-1209.1 in your PDF is out of date. That section was changed effective 1 July 2007. Checking other stuff....

ETA: 18.2-287.4 was also updated effective 1 July 2007.

ETA2: Great document and layout.

Thanks everyone!I'll update it again, but have no accessto Acrobat fromhome. I'll take it down and make the changes and repost as soon as it's updated. Sorry folks!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav...I think it was a Great job.

Sure everything at times have to polished a little bit.

Don't beat yourself up. You did Great

vrwmiller

imported post

BobCav wrote:
It's back up. I addedthe new changes in law effective 1 July and cleaned up a couple things.

Bob,

It is very well done. I like this version. Thanks for the work you put into it. I am sure that I echo the sentiments of everyone here that we appreciate it.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nice work Bob. I just printed and folded a few of these to keep in the car. There is a similar "folder" on the VSP website. While it does not seem to have been updated since 2005, it outlines the penalties for various violations. It is possible that the penalties have not changed since then.

This one would seem to be a great companion to yours. I think it would be great if we could print up a bunch of these and put then in gun-shops around the area. I am also thinking about printing some and sprinkling them in the library. I am fairly certain they will not let me put them at the counter, but dropping a few in the reading areas might still get some people thinking.

Thanks for your effort in putting this together.

Regards

zoom6zoom

imported post

Thanks for your hard work.

I also have Acrobat at home if you should need additional assistance. I like the document being posted in this format rather than as a .doc because you can add security - don't need Gal'Queda or the like modifying our docs and passing them about.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Nice work Bob. I just printed and folded a few of these to keep in the car. There is a similar "folder" on the VSP website. While it does not seem to have been updated since 2005, it outlines the penalties for various violations. It is possible that the penalties have not changed since then.

This one would seem to be a great companion to yours. I think it would be great if we could print up a bunch of these and put then in gun-shops around the area. I am also thinking about printing some and sprinkling them in the library. I am fairly certain they will not let me put them at the counter, but dropping a few in the reading areas might still get some people thinking.

Thanks for your effort in putting this together.

Regards
Go put them under peoples wiper blades! (joke)

But seriously, fantastic job on this Bob! I think I may try to get one for Indiana if I am particularily motived one day :)

You do great work.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks everyone!I enjoydoing things like this.I created it in MSPublisher and saved as a pdf. If anyone wants to make one for their own state, e-mail me and I'll send you the MSPublisher file for you to edit with your own state laws.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nice work should be helpful to many. The only thing I didn't like on the folder is the ... or Posted comment under the places off limits. The law doesn't mention 'posted' just ...prohibited by owner. There really is no way to know if a no gun sign was authorized by the owner or not. I do believe there was a post on here a while back where some noticed a store or two posted and asked the owner why the change only to find out that the owner did not put it there.
Besides it’s not against the law to disregard a 'no gun posting' only to not leave when asked. Of course after carrying open for a while and concealed for a while I found that personally I would much rather carry concealed.