• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to City of Manassas Independence Day Celebration?

rebfan

imported post

The family and I are planning on going, and I plan to exercise my right to open carry on what I consider the most appropriate day to do so. I hope to see others doingthe same.

Tomahawk

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Wooley wrote:
I will be attempting to keep all my fingers in my backyard...

Ahh .... Never mind...
moon.gif

Wooley

imported post

G damnit...THAT really doesn't sound right now that I read it.:celebrate

What I meant was, I will be trying not to blow off my digits with fireworks.

Anyone want to swing by Wooleys place for something off the grill? I think I'll call it Wooley's Grill". No wait, I like "Wooley's Grille" with the extra "e" better.

Sounds like the grille we all carried at in Olde Towne Manassase.

PM me if you're interested. Grille starts at 5 or 6, we'll have some cold ones but add to it if you like. I've got the food taken care of.

vrwmiller

imported post

I am certainly planning on attending the fireworks for the evening. Not so sure about going over there all that early though....

I was scoping out suitable parking areas tonight that would keep me off of school property while we spectated, with decent views. I think I have a couple options. If my wife had a bicycle, I'd just consider taking my bicycle up there, but oh well...

Wooley, I could potentially be interested in stopping over for a BBQ...will PM in a moment...

vrwmiller

imported post

Wooley wrote:
Yeah, that is funny. Where is the place to watch the fireworks in Manassas?
Good spots are at the Manassas Museum and on the other side of Osbourn High School near Metz Middle School. They light the fireworks off of the OHS football field, IIRC.

For tomorrow, I was planning on parking in a neighborhood around OHS/Wellington Rd. and setting up some chairs on non-school property.

Wooley

imported post

Well, I'm guestimating my house is somewhere between 1700-2000 meters from the school as the crow flies.

I'm 1.99 miles from Fosters and 2.01 miles from OHS by mapquest, however you could elimate at least a half mile by walking down S Grant Street instead of going out to Dumfries...sorry, its giving me driving directions.

Edit: Make that "eliminate".

vrwmiller

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Wooley wrote:
Yeah, that is funny. Where is the place to watch the fireworks in Manassas?

Arn't they having a show in MP near signal hill?

Manassas Park used to do their fireworks displays at Costello Park. However, I think you're right that it's been moved to Signal Hill Park since it opened. I remember last year being able to see some of the fireworks at Signal Hill Park from Manassas City.