• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello All!

G27

imported post

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading these forums for a few months, even before I got my gun and permit just getting accustomed to the laws and what you "carriers" do. Only my 21st birthday I went and got my CCP before I had my first drink. Talk about commitment! Currently I own a Glock 27 which is by far one of the nicest handguns I've had the pleasure of shooting and the only one I've ever carried. I don't open carry as much as I'd like to, mainly cause I find myself looking over my shoulder worrying about the police coming or someone giving me a bad look. I am sure everyone goes through that and I'll get over it with a few more OC trips to town. Anyway, hope to have some good debates and general talks. See you all around.

just_a_car

imported post

Good to have you on the forums, G27. I, too own one handgun: a GLOCK 27 in .40S&W, with Heinie Straight Eight sights, Handall grip, and Pearce +1 Mag Grip Extentions.

I CC only, as I don't yet own a holster. I "technically" carry Mexican, but IWB/SOB and with palm-in draw. By doing that, the ejection port positively engages my belt, which I make a notch tighter than I would normally wear it without carrying. I've gone running with it like that and also biking and had no issue with it coming up/out or falling down my pants; stayed right where I left it. It's also comfortable when I drive around in my car and in the heat we've been having in Seattle lately.

If ever someone wants to bash you for owning a GLOCK, point them here: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

I really hope you're able to join us for the Open Carry Picnic/BBQ/Lunch in Tacoma at Firemans Park on July 21st. Since you've been reading the forum for a while now, I'm sure you're aware of the thread regarding us meeting up on the third Saturday of the month for lunch. I've only been to one, but it was fun to meet the other gents on here (and their lady-friends *tips hat*).

-just_a_car
a.k.a. "JAC"
a.k.a. Geoff

expvideo

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Good to have you on the forums, G27. I, too own one handgun: a GLOCK 27 in .40S&W, with Heinie Straight Eight sights, Handall grip, and Pearce +1 Mag Grip Extentions.

I CC only, as I don't yet own a holster. I "technically" carry Mexican, but IWB/SOB and with palm-in draw. By doing that, the ejection port positively engages my belt, which I make a notch tighter than I would normally wear it without carrying. I've gone running with it like that and also biking and had no issue with it coming up/out or falling down my pants; stayed right where I left it. It's also comfortable when I drive around in my car and in the heat we've been having in Seattle lately.

If ever someone wants to bash you for owning a GLOCK, point them here: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com

I really hope you're able to join us for the Open Carry Picnic/BBQ/Lunch in Tacoma at Firemans Park on July 21st. Since you've been reading the forum for a while now, I'm sure you're aware of the thread regarding us meeting up on the third Saturday of the month for lunch. I've only been to one, but it was fun to meet the other gents on here (and their lady-friends *tips hat*).

-just_a_car
a.k.a. "JAC"
a.k.a. Geoff
That's how I used to carry, and it's really comfortable. I switched to 3 o'clock with less cant (or no cant), and found that to be very comfortable as well, with the same belt/ejection port compatability. Just recently got myself a Galco OWB holster, so now I use it, but I've always been a big fan of mexican carry.

G27

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely be around to see what's happening in the great NW and also the VA forums. These seem to be the only big post forums so far. And since I'm from NC originallymyself, it's nice to see what my northern OC brothers are up to. ;)

gregma

imported post

G27 wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely be around to see what's happening in the great NW and also the VA forums. These seem to be the only big post forums so far. And since I'm from NC originallymyself, it's nice to see what my northern OC brothers are up to. ;)
I hope you join us for the picnic in Tacoma! It would be a great place to get your OC feet wet :)

And car... What do we need to do in order to get you that SERPA holster! Take up a collection? :D

just_a_car

imported post

gregma wrote:
G27 wrote:
I hope you join us for the picnic in Tacoma! It would be a great place to get your OC feet wet :)

And car... What do we need to do in order to get you that SERPA holster! Take up a collection? :D
Yup, that's me: JAC, the OC-Leper. :p

UTOC-45-44

imported post

G27 wrote:
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading these forums for a few months, even before I got my gun and permit just getting accustomed to the laws and what you "carriers" do. Only my 21st birthday I went and got my CCP before I had my first drink. Talk about commitment! Currently I own a Glock 27 which is by far one of the nicest handguns I've had the pleasure of shooting and the only one I've ever carried. I don't open carry as much as I'd like to, mainly cause I find myself looking over my shoulder worrying about the police coming or someone giving me a bad look. I am sure everyone goes through that and I'll get over it with a few more OC trips to town. Anyway, hope to have some good debates and general talks. See you all around.

Wecome to the Forum...,I used to have a G26 and a G37. And I would NEVER dare to Mexican toting 'em dangerous shooters. I and my wife like the Boys to much:shock:...:what:...:celebrate.

I would suggest a holster:lol:to have a "safer" journey.

Once again Welcome and as BobCav said, if any Q's "ask and ye shall recieve".

Ps. Traded my Glocks in for a Kimber instead, and no worries no matter what manner of carrying Ds.

G27

imported post

I do agree with you on that, UTOC. I do not trust myself enough to carry in condition one, so I carry in condition three. I figure if I ever need to use my gun, I've practiced it enough so that when I'm drawling I can rack the slide at the same time. That's the only thing I don't like about Glocks, but that's what they're made for. I am going to get a Kimber CDP here pretty soon as I get enough money saved up. Soooo sexy.

just_a_car

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Wecome to the Forum...,I used to have a G26 and a G37. And I would NEVER dare to Mexican toting 'em dangerous shooters. I and my wife like the Boys to much:shock:...:what:...:celebrate.

I would suggest a holster:lol:to have a "safer" journey.

Once again Welcome and as BobCav said, if any Q's "ask and ye shall recieve".

Ps. Traded my Glocks in for a Kimber instead, and no worries no matter what manner of carrying Ds.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, I carry Mexican (which, if you read where I carry, it would be hard to hurt the "Boys", since it's pointing passed by buttcheek) in CONDITION 3: No round in the chamber and a full magazine inserted into the firearm. Yes, this means when I draw, I'll have to use two hands to rack the slide, meaning no one-hand defenses and an additional 0.5-1 second draw time, but it's better than just leaving it at home worried about whether I'm going to blow a hole in my pants.