• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training Bulletins

jenzenk

imported post

I am a former WA resident, and hope to return in a few years. I was hoping that some of you fellow OC'ers could scan and post any of the training bulletins you could get your hands on.

gregma

G27

imported post

I think we should try to get a flyer together like Bob has done with Virginia Gun laws. Just throwing it out there, it'd be nice to have something small with all the pertaining laws about OC in Washington.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

G27

imported post

John, I like it and I did print a copy of it out. The only gripe that I have is that it is more for concealed carried and not open carry. Having a few more laws such RCW 9.41.70 would be awesome. Any other imput?

John Hardin

imported post

G27 wrote:
John, I like it and I did print a copy of it out. The only gripe that I have is that it is more for concealed carried and not open carry. Having a few more laws such RCW 9.41.70 would be awesome. Any other imput?
There are more laws regarding concealed carry, and 9.41.050 does affect Open Carry if, for example, you're wearing a jacket that may inadvertently temporarily obscure your sidearm. There are also cites of a bunch of laws that are relevant to both OC and CC: when the use of deadly force is justified, for example.

9.41.070 regards CPL application and renewal, and that will only be a concern every five years. Space on the pamplet is limited, is that really something you'd want to refer to that often away from your computer where you'd be able to look it up?

I just posted the one with the training bulletins; that one has space and 9.41.270 is more relevant to OC, so I think I'll add it to that... Consider them a matched set.

uncoolperson

gregma

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
I've collected the training bulletins that WashingtonCeasefire got copies of into a companion document for making wallet pamphlets...

http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/open_carry_training_bulletins_washington.pdf

Comments solicited.
but if joe (last hypothetical) is carrying OC in his car... then it being concealed shouldn't be a problem since he must have a permit anyway right?
You are correct. In the Kent training bulletin "Joe" would have been required to have had a CCP on him to carry a loaded weapon in the car. If he did not have a permit, then he would have indeed been in violation of 9.41.050 as the bulletin states.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

In fact, if he did not indeed have a permit, he might have been sited twice. Once for 1(a) violation, and once for 2(a) violation. If he had a permit, then he would be legal on both counts.

If he had a permit but did not have it on him, then he would be in violation of 9.41.050 1(b).