• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputy Mayor Robbed at Gunpoint

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reinoso, 38, was not hurt.

"He was pretty lucky," police Cmdr. Hilton Burton said, noting robberies can end in violence.

Interesting bit there.

With regard to what a law abiding citizen does to counter the possibility of getting robbed on the street, there is only one logical conclusion to what Burton said.

yessmiley.gif

P.S. I note that the linked story page has a pretty nifty Map Local Crime applet that shows robberies, thefts by zip code where they occurred in DC. It's pretty interesting to map out the crimes. Well, maybe not.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
Reinoso, 38, was not hurt.

"He was pretty lucky," police Cmdr. Hilton Burton said, noting robberies can end in violence.

Interesting bit there.

With regard to what a law abiding citizen does to counter the possibility of getting robbed on the street, there is only one logical conclusion to what Burton said.

yessmiley.gif

P.S. I note that the linked story page has a pretty nifty Map Local Crime applet that shows robberies, thefts by zip code where they occurred in DC. It's pretty interesting to map out the crimes. Well, maybe not.
Didn't notice the Map Local Crime applet. ItIS pretty nifty.

HankT

State Researcher