• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm Ban in Australia is Working!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'm just SO happy to see that firearm ban in Australia is stopping crime so well. When I first heard about the ban, I was worried that only criminals would end up having guns, and honest citizens would not be able to defend themselves, but I guess it's obvious I was completely wrong, so.....that's just great. We should do that whole ban thing here, too. I mean, why not? Because remember, it's working! :question:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/angels-with-no-mercy-may-shun-maverick/2007/06/19/1182019116389.html

(FYI: Iam being sarcastic) :lol:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I love articles like these. I wish there was a database with all the pro-gun arguments I'd ever need lol.

cato

imported post

If they would only ban motorcycles there would be no "bikie" gang crimes. Doh!, they banned the wrong inanimate object!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
I love articles like these. I wish there was a database with all the pro-gun arguments I'd ever need lol.
That's a really good idea. Maybe even something like a quick reference guide so you can have it readily available when you have to talk guns with anti-gun people. I think I might try to do that. Maybe someone who is more computer savvy than me can figure out the database thing that everyone on here could access, but I will stick with Microsoft Office for right now. I think it would be a help to all ofthe memberson here, but also would help to educate the visitors as well

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
DreQo wrote:
That's a really good idea. Maybe even something like a quick reference guide so you can have it readily available when you have to talk guns with anti-gun people. I think I might try to do that. Maybe someone who is more computer savvy than me can figure out the database thing that everyone on here could access, but I will stick with Microsoft Office for right now. I think it would be a help to all ofthe memberson here, but also would help to educate the visitors as well
Yeah, the main thing you'd need is the "point" from each story/event/statistic and the location, date, etc. I suppose you could also throw in court decisions if you really wanna go all out. :)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
If they would only ban motorcycles there would be no "bikie" gang crimes.  Doh!, they banned the wrong inanimate object!

Well, it might be easier to ban clubs as a requirement to form a gang. After all it is Australia, no pesky first amendment to get in the way, and obviously no second either. Along with that there is no fourth to protect you from having your gun taken, there is no 6th so due process is not an issue, there is no 5th so getting a confession is no problem. Hell in the absence of the third amendment, they could just move in and really keep a close eye on you. There is no 7th so any "kangaroo" court judge could hear the cases and with no 8th you could be put in a hole for life.

Regards

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Well, it might be easier to ban clubs as a requirement to form a gang. After all it is Australia, no pesky first amendment to get in the way, and obviously no second either. Along with that there is no fourth to protect you from having your gun taken, there is no 6th so due process is not an issue, there is no 5th so getting a confession is no problem. Hell in the absence of the third amendment, they could just move in and really keep a close eye on you. There is no 7th so any "kangaroo" court judge could hear the cases and with no 8th you could be put in a hole for life.

Regards
Are you saying there is a chain reaction when government starts taking away rights? No way?!.... I don't think any government would do that. I trust them! The would never try to take all my freedoms away. They aren't power hungry! (Sarcasm!:lol:) Seriously though, they are just trying to keep us distracted so they can do all they're dirty work in the cover of American laziness. They know that the majority will not hold them accountable for anything. Everybody just wants to party and have fun; like these guys::celebrate:monkey