• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another jab at OC at PDO...

amlevin

imported post

PDO?? Isn't that the "Part Time" site that used to be pretty good for current information. It now seems to be populated by Trolls and the Immature.

I wouldn't take anything offered there on OC too seriously.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I've given up on PDO. Two years out of date, plus I got 0 attacked so badly. Even guys like Charles Hardy of GOUtah, one of our staunchest open carry allies in Utah, got zero bombed.

Someone needs to buy packing.org, and turn into a GUN CARRY database, not just a CCW database, or at least get legallyarmed.org up to snuff.

joeroket

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I've given up on PDO. Two years out of date, plus I got 0 attacked so badly. Even guys like Charles Hardy of GOUtah, one of our staunchest open carry allies in Utah, got zero bombed.

Someone needs to buy packing.org, and turn into a GUN CARRY database, not just a CCW database, or at least get legallyarmed.org up to snuff.
I was actually thinking of doing something to just that effect. Not buy them but create another, but keep theinfo up to date.

gregma

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Lonnie Wilson wrote:

I was actually thinking of doing something to just that effect. Not buy them but create another, but keep theinfo up to date.
You might try http://handgunlaw.us/. I sent an update to that page, and had a reply from the webmaster in less than 3 hours that it was fixed. Now THAT is responsive!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I used to read PDO but didn't post a long ways back. I lost interest when the moderators started killing postswhen they did not agree with the posters comments, rather than just saying they did not agree.

I went back a few yearsand found a complete lack of moderation along with a strange rating system dominated by trolls. I stuck around for awhile, but eventually lost interest again. I still read and post once in a blue moon, but it a sad case of what can happen when the site owner just loses interest. Also, shows the need for some light moderation.

I have to agree that while I like the give and take of a forum where the readers have some say, strictly for information on state laws, handgunlaw is now better and more current than PDO.

Personally, I would prefer CC to OC, but it should be a personal choice.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ilbob wrote:
I used to read PDO but didn't post a long ways back. I lost interest when the moderators started killing postswhen they did not agree with the posters comments, rather than just saying they did not agree.

It's a shame that PDO went that way. Happens.

Lord Acton: Power tends to corrupt...