• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO wants to argue his anti-OC point on my OC journal thread

IanB

imported post

Please ask that LEO how many times he was dissarmed by a criminal while he was on MP duty OC'ing a handgun. Next, ask him how many people the criminal shot with his gun.

What an idiot, he's of the "only the police are good enough to carry guns" crowd.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Do me a favor and post on there that one of the friendly neighborhood OCDO members says he's a douche, k? k. :banghead:

Tomahawk

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Do me a favor and post on there that one of the friendly neighborhood OCDO members says he's a douche, k? k. :banghead:
douche.jpg

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lemme see, a LEO saying that there's a law he mustto obey even though he doesn't like it? Welcome to the club. And he was an MP? Seems like a GI-JOE wanna be that can't stop playing with guns.

Tell him to get over his whining and learn the law and beware....

Because we're WATCHING!

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

He takes a similar tone to the self-proclaimed cop who attacked OC on a thread in the Utah section a couple of months back.

TrueBrit

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
He takes a similar tone to the self-proclaimed cop who attacked OC on a thread in the Utah section a couple of months back.

From whence come the Jedi-like powers that copsareautomatically endowed with as to the carriage of defensive weaponry? Somebody, please enlighten me!

TrueBrit.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

By his "thinking" (I use the term very loosely here), I should not wave the flag in public as someone might try to take it from me to prove a point. I should not speak out at public meetings as it might offend someone who would later attack me. I should avoid carrying any money because someone might take it from me. The list goes on and on.

OC, NC (no carry) or CC, it all carries responsibilities. Just like citizenship in a society like our carries responsibilities. If we do not assume those responsibilities then we do not deserve to live in a free society.

If I resist I may die today, if I do not I will still die at some later time. The latter just allows me more time to pay the price for not having done the former.

Regards

ne1

imported post

LE0s are not known for being especially bright. Rather than think through the issue himself, I supect he is justspouting off the party line that someone else gave him.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
I was a little surprised this was posted:
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/6567-open-carry-luzerne-co-particulary-mtn-top-wilkes-barre-page-3.html#post79094

Is it me or is this ironic that an LEO makes a perfect case of what's wrong with some LEO's?

I don't see anything wrong with the exchange of opinions. Couple of guys are dubious about the value of OC and some people support it.

One guy got accused of being "condescending" but I think he was just stating his point of view. Which was biased, of course. And wrong. But hardly condescending.

You know, you never know when a discussion or argument might break out in a discussion forum!

I favor OC, so I'm not buying the LEO's arguments. But he does have a point about potential disarming of an OCer. We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him. If it had been a bad guy, it would have been bad.

Hey, if during a discussion about something that interests many discussants, someone disagrees, then that's generally a good thing. Then, the side that has the best logic, the best premises, the best arguments will prevail. The good ideas will float to the top, like cream. The bad ideas will fall away.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Being forcibly disarmed would be kind of difficult if you have the right holster.

Also, what was that security guard thinking? I would think someone trying to forcibly take your gun (even a security guard) would be asking for some new holes.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I checked it out. It would be off-topic to reply so I let it go.

It might be good to make mental note of his objections. I'll bet the anti-OC police we meet around Virginia have similar objections.

Heh, heh, heh. Actually we could have some fun with this. Once you realize you're not in danger of being proned out by an idiot cop, just ask "So, whatare your personal objections to open carry?" (With any luck he'll tell you, giving you all you need to for your complaint to showthat he was operating on his bias instead of ignorance.)

I suggest this because I think sometimes they are "testing" to see how far they can push. Remember, police are allowed to lie.

Drewesque

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Being forcibly disarmed would be kind of difficult if you have the right holster.
Never rely on "the right holster." Retention training is the better bet, and alertness is always necessary. When you start feeling too safe with the high-retention holster, you let your guard down. As with any part of gun safety, the primary safety device is you.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Drewesque wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
Never rely on "the right holster." Retention training is the better bet, and alertness is always necessary. When you start feeling too safe with the high-retention holster, you let your guard down. As with any part of gun safety, the primary safety device is you.

I agree. But using a thumb-break holster would be much riskier than an active retention holster regardless of how much retention training you have.

danbus

imported post

HankT wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
I was a little surprised this was posted:
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/6567-open-carry-luzerne-co-particulary-mtn-top-wilkes-barre-page-3.html#post79094

Is it me or is this ironic that an LEO makes a perfect case of what's wrong with some LEO's?

I don't see anything wrong with the exchange of opinions. Couple of guys are dubious about the value of OC and some people support it.

One guy got accused of being "condescending" but I think he was just stating his point of view. Which was biased, of course. And wrong. But hardly condescending.

You know, you never know when a discussion or argument might break out in a discussion forum!

I favor OC, so I'm not buying the LEO's arguments. But he does have a point about potential disarming of an OCer. We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him. If it had been a bad guy, it would have been bad.

Hey, if during a discussion about something that interests many discussants, someone disagrees, then that's generally a good thing. Then, the side that has the best logic, the best premises, the best arguments will prevail. The good ideas will float to the top, like cream. The bad ideas will fall away.
I'm sorry, I don't recall that incident, could you perhaps refresh my memory?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

danbus wrote:
HankT wrote:
We had someone here on this forum who was disarmed forcibly a while back. Luckily it was just a security guard who just walked up to a OCer and took his gun away from him.
I'm sorry, I don't recall that incident, could you perhaps refresh my memory?
Yes, please do. The guy was obviously in condition white if it happened like that.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I remember this thread as well. It started as a thread about how a guy was given a hard time at a grocery store open carrying... the way it happened was that a security guard came up behind him while he was checking out and took his gun from him.

Some searching here should turn it up.