Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI: P.F. Chiang's in Fairfax Is Posted

Post imported post

Dropped VCDL a line to put them on their "gun owner unfriendly" list.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What are "Chiang's?"

Where are they?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Its an overpriced asian restaurant chain.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Fairfax Corner and Ballston, been corporate policy for a few years at least.

Post imported post

If you're in the Mt. Vernon/Woodlawn area and hungry for Chinese food, allow me to stear you towards Hunan East. I've been a regular there for years, the folks there know me, and I've OC'd there several times.

P F Chiang? F U Chiang! I have better people to do business with.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Fairfax Corner and Ballston, been corporate policy for a few years at least.
    Ah, was not aware. Just noticed their sign right after putting my name down for a table. Decided to cancel and OC over at Rio Grande with no issues.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Or if in Arlington try the Oriental Gourmet. I eat there and OC about once a week, never have had any problem. Not to mention the restaurant is nice, service excelent, and the food good and inexpensive.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    If you're in the Mt. Vernon/Woodlawn area and hungry for Chinese food, allow me to stear you towards Hunan East. I've been a regular there for years, the folks there know me, and I've OC'd there several times.

Will do!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    LMAO!

Post imported post

They are over priced, but good. If your over by PF Changs by the Fairfax Government center try Pei Wei - its like PF Changs but cheaper and just as tasty. More resturant style food like how Chipotle is to Mexican, same type of setup but they bring the food to you once you sit down.

Post imported post

I know PF Chang's corporate policyforbids firearms. However, I have open carried at PF Change'sonce (the one at Stony Point Fashion Park outside Richmond). It was about a year ago. I sat at the bar and had lunch. It wasn't very busy. The bartender noticed and we briefly discussed it, he didn't care. My guess is that had it been more crowded or had a different employee noticed, the situation could have turned out differently.

I do LOVE the food there.

Post imported post

I carry inPFCall the time....

Guess they do not see when I take off my coat. Had no idea they did not like it.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Guess they do not see when I take off my coat. Had no idea they did not like it.
    I don't have a badge that lets me wear a coat over my carry inside. : (

...yet.
    -Unrequited

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

Also in that area - Chef Huang in the Safeway plaza at US1 and Lukens Lane. Excellent buffet at lunch (maybe at dinner also), outstanding service, and, oh yeah, they deliver for free - and i"m in their delivery zone.

I've OC'd there several times with nary a second glance.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

...yet.
    Perk of the job....

Where do you wantto apply.. PM me..

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

I started this thread (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to..._to=1247#p1247) on P.F. Chang's restaurant last year. Lots of people contacted them about their anti-gun policy, but I guess they're not losing any sleep over it (or very much business).

Post imported post

Some months back, the mgr. of Chaing's in Pembroke Mall (Va Beach) told me guns weren't permitted because "its against the law. You know, guns and alcohol don't mix". Also said the place was posted, but no sign was found when we went by. Had a great time at Kelly's Tavern instead!

Post imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
    I started this thread (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to..._to=1247#p1247) on P.F. Chang's restaurant last year. Lots of people contacted them about their anti-gun policy, but I guess they're not losing any sleep over it (or very much business).
    Whoops! I tried a search before posting but I guess I did not input the right query.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    unrequited wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

...yet.
    Perk of the job....

What if we have already applied?

Post imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    unrequited wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

...yet.
    Perk of the job....

What if we have already applied?
    Tell me either way... We may work together someday.

Post imported post

The food at PFC is excellent. I'll forego carrying a firearm open or otherwise to get an excellent meal. Besides, that area of Fairfax isn'texactely a "high" crime area, at least according to a very good friend of mine whopatrols that area. Hey HankT, how's it going?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ok, enough of the trolling and posing!

Folks, did you folks know thatSHOOTER MCGAVIN ( and 01)and HK40 and NAMVET are one and the same person? Multiple accounts are not allowed.

And in this post NAMVET wrote while defending Shooter McGavin made me think that perhaps our Shooter was a she:

Namvet wrote:
    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    Young adults between the age of 18 and 21 cannot get a concealed carry permit. They must open carry if they wish to protect themselves. I open carry because I can. I don't care if you do or not.
    I don't think that Shooter McGavin cares if you or anyone else open carries, either.I do believe that he (or she) is trying to understand someones motivation for open carrying at IHOP or Friday's or Applebees, etc. other than because they can. ...[SNIP]

Shooter/NAMVET/HK40 is this you?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =3501380

Facebook time! http://www.facebook.com/p/nicole_morris/25500348

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Haha. From Shooter's post I was getting the impression that he was just a "girly-man"..
    Makes sense now.

Post imported post

Well BobCav,ya got me! Your brilliant! Didyou ever think that maybe I work in an office with more than one person? More than one computer? I work in an office with several hundred people. I am sure a few of them are gun owners. Get a freakin' life and a concealedhandgun license. Go ahead and delete me. Ihave moved on. You guys aretoo far out there for me and most other gun owners that I come in contact with.

P.S. Buh Bye Now !!!

Post imported post

Shooter McGavin 01 wrote:
    The food at PFC is excellent. I'll forego carrying a firearm open or otherwise to get an excellent meal. Besides, that area of Fairfax isn'texactely a "high" crime area, at least according to a very good friend of mine whopatrols that area. Hey HankT, how's it going?
    My home isn't in a "high crime area" either. Yet that didn't stop some punks from trying to invade it one night. Strangely enough, being told that I'd blow their f-ing heads off if they made it in prompted them to reconsider their plan.

I know it's hard to believe, but some criminals actually head where the money is rather than rob their equally poor peers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast