• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI: P.F. Chiang's in Fairfax Is Posted

Tomahawk

imported post

If you're in the Mt. Vernon/Woodlawn area and hungry for Chinese food, allow me to stear you towards Hunan East. I've been a regular there for years, the folks there know me, and I've OC'd there several times.

P F Chiang? F U Chiang! I have better people to do business with.

KONY

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Fairfax Corner and Ballston, been corporate policy for a few years at least.
Ah, was not aware. Just noticed their sign right after putting my name down for a table. Decided to cancel and OC over at Rio Grande with no issues. :cool:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Or if in Arlington try the Oriental Gourmet. I eat there and OC about once a week, never have had any problem. Not to mention the restaurant is nice, service excelent, and the food good and inexpensive.

KONY

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
If you're in the Mt. Vernon/Woodlawn area and hungry for Chinese food, allow me to stear you towards Hunan East. I've been a regular there for years, the folks there know me, and I've OC'd there several times.

Will do! :)

bohdi

imported post

They are over priced, but good. If your over by PF Changs by the Fairfax Government center try Pei Wei - its like PF Changs but cheaper and just as tasty. More resturant style food like how Chipotle is to Mexican, same type of setup but they bring the food to you once you sit down.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I know PF Chang's corporate policyforbids firearms. However, I have open carried at PF Change'sonce (the one at Stony Point Fashion Park outside Richmond). It was about a year ago. I sat at the bar and had lunch. It wasn't very busy. The bartender noticed and we briefly discussed it, he didn't care. My guess is that had it been more crowded or had a different employee noticed, the situation could have turned out differently.

I do LOVE the food there.

LEO 229

imported post

I carry inPFCall the time....

Guess they do not see when I take off my coat. Had no idea they did not like it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

Also in that area - Chef Huang in the Safeway plaza at US1 and Lukens Lane. Excellent buffet at lunch (maybe at dinner also), outstanding service, and, oh yeah, they deliver for free - and i"m in their delivery zone.

I've OC'd there several times with nary a second glance.

LEO 229

imported post

unrequited wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Guess they do not see when I take off my coat. Had no idea they did not like it.
I don't have a badge that lets me wear a coat over my carry inside. : (

...yet.

Perk of the job.... ;)

Where do you wantto apply.. PM me..

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some months back, the mgr. of Chaing's in Pembroke Mall (Va Beach) told me guns weren't permitted because "its against the law. You know, guns and alcohol don't mix". Also said the place was posted, but no sign was found when we went by. Had a great time at Kelly's Tavern instead!

KONY

LEO 229

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I don't have a badge that lets me wear a coat over my carry inside. : (

...yet.

Perk of the job.... ;)

Where do you wantto apply.. PM me..
What if we have already applied?
Tell me either way... ;) We may work together someday.