Thread: Frustrated

Post imported post

I have looked around but can't find the rule that says you can't carry, open/concealed, into a restaraunt that serves alcohol. The only thing I can find states that the only off limits placeare areas that are strictly 21 and up...

can I get some help?

edited for crappy grammar

Post imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:

I have looked around but can't find the rule that says you can't carry, open/concealed, into a restaraunt that serves alcohol. The only thing I can find states that the only off limits placeare areas that are strictly 21 and up...

can I get some help?

edited for crappy grammar

The law is that you cannot carry into any portion of an establishment if it is off limits to persons under 21 as designated by the state liquor board. Basically if you have to be 21 to go in because of alcohol you cannot carry.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

So restaurants that serve alcohol are ok, just not bars?

Post imported post

So, like Applebees and any other restaraunt you can go into?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Joeroket,

Quick! Before the SuperModerator spots the uncited post. Get an exact quote of the law, and if possible a link to the law.

One of the courtesies the moderators like to see observed is a citation for the exact law whenever stating a law or a requirement of the law.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Quick! Before the SuperModerator spots the uncited post. Get an exact quote of the law, and if possible a link to the law.
    I have the law in a email, but I thought I read (somewhere) that you can't take the firearm into anyplace that serves alcohol for consumption.

Post imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    I have the law in a email, but I thought I read (somewhere) that you can't take the firearm into anyplace that serves alcohol for consumption.

(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or

that is all that is states...but like I wrote above???

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What is the Code section? You've got me curious to look it up.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

Joeroket,

One of the courtesies the moderators like to see observed is a citation for the exact law whenever stating a law or a requirement of the law.

LOL Thanks Citizen. :celebrate I forget sometimes.

RCW 9.41.300 says;
    (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age.

USN_MA1,
    Yes you can go into restaurants that serve. If theplace is open to all persons then you can carry there. Applebee's, Red Robin, Olive Garden. They are all OK for carry as long as you stay out of thier lounge/bar section. We do not have any law that prohibits simply because alcohol is served.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
    So, like Applebees and any other restaraunt you can go into?
    Yes, but if you see that red, white and black sign from the WA State Liquor Control Board stating only persons of 21 years of age or older may enter this are, then you may not enter while carrying, concealed or open.

The Lynnwood Applebees has a bar area that has that sign on the wall at waist level as you enter it, but it's in the center of the establishment, so you can eat at the booths and tables elsewhere in the restaurant without legal issue.

That sign must be placed at the entrance to all establishments that the WA State Liquor Control Board has deemed 21 and over only, so if you don't see that sign on an entrance, you're likely okay to enter. If you're unsure, ask the manager what part of their establishments are designated over 21 only by the WA State Liquor Control Board.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    What is the Code section? You've got me curious to look it up.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Cool. Thanks. Interesting reading.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Cool. Thanks. Interesting reading.
    No, No, thank you for the "post cite before the flag is thrown".

Post imported post

All,

Thanks for all the info. Happily carrying into the restraunt...:celebrate

Post imported post

I go to Applebee's quite a bit and have never had a problem. Although I think I really did scare a couple the other day and they told their server. I know the gal and she came over to me and started joking with me about it and promised me not to go crazy and shoot the place up. I told her I liked the place too much to do something like that. If you're still hesitant on going to places OC'in, go to the places you're comfortable with first. Restuarant you frequent where you know the wait staff. It will definitely help you out and make everyone feel at ease until you're ready to handle those situations on your own.

Post imported post

side note...

I apologize for my blatant crappy misspelling of restaurant.

Post imported post

What I think you may be remembering is an innacuracy on the Federal Way training bulletin. They reference a local ordinance that prohibits carrying in any establishment at all that serves alcohol by the drink. Those ordinances are unenforceable under Washington State's firearms preemption (RCW 9.41.290).

The state law stands: if your kids can sit at the table with you, so can your gun.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

That may have been it.

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    I go to Applebee's quite a bit and have never had a problem.
    As a matter of fact, we had an OC lunch at the applebees in Bellevue. Didn't have a single problem the entire time. And we had 8 people OC'ing

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, USA

Post imported post

9.41.300 Subsection 9 also exempts the proprietor and employees of a drinking establishment from the prohibition while engaged in their employment.

So you can open or concealed carry in your own bar.
    Be prepared. Be very prepared.

http://swwsurplus.com/ *** 2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98661 *** 360.314.6687
    http://www.facebook.com/SouthWestWashingtonSurplus *** https://twitter.com/SWWSurplus

Post imported post

thebastidge wrote:
    9.41.300 Subsection 9 also exempts the proprietor and employees of a drinking establishment from the prohibition while engaged in their employment.

So you can open or concealed carry in your own bar.
    I myself just found that out a few days ago! Now I can CC my gun while at my other job and not have to worry about avoiding going into the bar area! That will make things way easier.

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, USA

Post imported post

I'm planning to open a pub when I get home- hopefully opening early next summer.

I plan toreimburse for CPL fees if my employees will get them (and maybe some other criteria like stay with me for 6 months or a year.)
    Be prepared. Be very prepared.

http://swwsurplus.com/ *** 2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98661 *** 360.314.6687
    http://www.facebook.com/SouthWestWashingtonSurplus *** https://twitter.com/SWWSurplus

Post imported post

that is a great idea bastidge, good on you!

Post imported post

I finally found the answer to this thread. WAC 314-02-025 states:

(1) The liquor control board has the responsibility to classify what licensed premises or what portions of the licensed premises are off-limits to minors. (RCW 66.44.310(2)) Minors may not purchase, possess, or consume liquor, and may not enter any areas that are classified as off-limits to minors. (RCW 66.44.290 and 66.44.310) The purpose of this rule is to clarify the ways in which licensees can prevent minors from consuming alcohol or entering restricted areas.

(2) Dedicated dining areas - If a spirits, beer, and wine restaurant licensee or a beer and wine restaurant licensee that allows minors chooses to have live music, Karaoke, patron dancing, live entertainment, or contests involving physical participation by patrons in the dedicated dining area after 11:00 p.m., the licensee must either:

(a) Request board approval to reclassify the dining area to a lounge for the period of time that live entertainment is conducted, thus restricting minors during that time; or

(b) Notify the board's licensing and regulation division in writing at least forty-eight hours in advance that the sale, service, and consumption of liquor will end in the dedicated dining area after 11:00 p.m.