• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Frustrated

USN_MA1

imported post

:banghead:

I have looked around but can't find the rule that says you can't carry, open/concealed, into a restaraunt that serves alcohol. The only thing I can find states that the only off limits placeare areas that are strictly 21 and up...

can I get some help?

edited for crappy grammar

joeroket

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
:banghead:

I have looked around but can't find the rule that says you can't carry, open/concealed, into a restaraunt that serves alcohol. The only thing I can find states that the only off limits placeare areas that are strictly 21 and up...

can I get some help?

edited for crappy grammar
The law is that you cannot carry into any portion of an establishment if it is off limits to persons under 21 as designated by the state liquor board. Basically if you have to be 21 to go in because of alcohol you cannot carry.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Joeroket,

Quick! Before the SuperModerator spots the uncited post. Get an exact quote of the law, and if possible a link to the law.

One of the courtesies the moderators like to see observed is a citation for the exact law whenever stating a law or a requirement of the law.

USN_MA1

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Quick! Before the SuperModerator spots the uncited post. Get an exact quote of the law, and if possible a link to the law.

I have the law in a email, but I thought I read (somewhere) that you can't take the firearm into anyplace that serves alcohol for consumption.

USN_MA1

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I have the law in a email, but I thought I read (somewhere) that you can't take the firearm into anyplace that serves alcohol for consumption.

(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or

that is all that is states...but like I wrote above???

joeroket

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Joeroket,

One of the courtesies the moderators like to see observed is a citation for the exact law whenever stating a law or a requirement of the law.

LOL Thanks Citizen. :celebrate I forget sometimes.

RCW 9.41.300 says;
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age.

USN_MA1,
Yes you can go into restaurants that serve. If theplace is open to all persons then you can carry there. Applebee's, Red Robin, Olive Garden. They are all OK for carry as long as you stay out of thier lounge/bar section. We do not have any law that prohibits simply because alcohol is served.

just_a_car

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
So, like Applebees and any other restaraunt you can go into?
Yes, but if you see that red, white and black sign from the WA State Liquor Control Board stating only persons of 21 years of age or older may enter this are, then you may not enter while carrying, concealed or open.

The Lynnwood Applebees has a bar area that has that sign on the wall at waist level as you enter it, but it's in the center of the establishment, so you can eat at the booths and tables elsewhere in the restaurant without legal issue.

That sign must be placed at the entrance to all establishments that the WA State Liquor Control Board has deemed 21 and over only, so if you don't see that sign on an entrance, you're likely okay to enter. If you're unsure, ask the manager what part of their establishments are designated over 21 only by the WA State Liquor Control Board.

G27

imported post

I go to Applebee's quite a bit and have never had a problem. Although I think I really did scare a couple the other day and they told their server. I know the gal and she came over to me and started joking with me about it and promised me not to go crazy and shoot the place up. I told her I liked the place too much to do something like that. If you're still hesitant on going to places OC'in, go to the places you're comfortable with first. Restuarant you frequent where you know the wait staff. It will definitely help you out and make everyone feel at ease until you're ready to handle those situations on your own.

eBratt

imported post

What I think you may be remembering is an innacuracy on the Federal Way training bulletin. They reference a local ordinance that prohibits carrying in any establishment at all that serves alcohol by the drink. Those ordinances are unenforceable under Washington State's firearms preemption (RCW 9.41.290).

The state law stands: if your kids can sit at the table with you, so can your gun.

gregma

imported post

G27 wrote:
I go to Applebee's quite a bit and have never had a problem.
As a matter of fact, we had an OC lunch at the applebees in Bellevue. Didn't have a single problem the entire time. And we had 8 people OC'ing :)