• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suggestions for refinishing a pistol.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

As those who know me probably are aware, Icarry a Ruger P-89. What few of you know, is that it is 14 years old and the finish is worn through. I've been contemplating having it refinished. While it is reletively inexpensive to have it reblued, i think I want to take it to a different level-

I think Id like to send it to Ford's and have the slide refinished in bright chrome, the frame in black chome-

So the slide would be look like this;

gun11.JPG

And the frame would look like this;
gun23.JPG

The way I see it, is that now that Im open carrying- perhaps there should be a little bling...

Now would this be too much?

gun12.JPG

or this?
gun30_1.JPG

Pwitty! (Though far too ostentatious for me tocarry as my regular sidearm.)

Any reasonable suggestions?

Drewesque

imported post

If you want something that'll draw attention, a good bet is to get it refinished in a different color. Personally, I'm more of an understated sort of guy. A stainless slide XD is plenty of "bling" for me. I do kind of like the looks of some of the interesting colors people get guns colored in.

Mack 12ga.

imported post

I think it would look sweeeeeet but why stop there ?. If your going that far, have you given any thought to having it engraved??

I think any of them along with what you have in mined would be very nice.

amlevin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Paint it....

Yeah, you're likely laughing, but you'll start thinkin' hard about it after reading this how-to: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu41.htm

any ideas on how I can do this to my pistol only instead of Tiger Stripes, a good Aloha Shirt Print? That would allow my Open Carry to actually be Concealed with out covering it.

As for the Chrome, no support here. I saw enough chrome and nickel plate when working in the Central Area of Seattle.