Thread: Dinner in Lynchburg / Roanoke Area

Post imported post

Are there any of you out there in the Lynhcburg/Roanoke areas that would be interested in putting a dinner together one evening? It always seems that all of the action takes placearound NOVA. Do we have people down here that would be interested?

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

cayenne wrote:
    Are there any of you out there in the Lynhcburg/Roanoke areas that would be interested in putting a dinner together one evening? It always seems that all of the action takes placeĀ*around NOVA. Do we have people down here that would be interested?
    Consider this a "Bump post" to move your thread up in the list and a Welcome to the forum.

There are some folks down your way, that will probably chime in later. Actually there are a lot in Roanoke. Your local news paper gets them riled up on occasion.

Again welcome aboard, polk around and make yourself at home.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Thanks Hawkflyer, I've been reading for some time, but decided to join today after having a nice FTF conversation with a fellow local member last night. Hopefully we can start some activities around here as well.

Post imported post

Somewhere in Lynchburg or Forest would be good, during the week.

I generally CC instead of OC but would welcome a chance to meet others who do, and hear about their experiences.

Post imported post

Come on. I know there are more of us in this area.

Any night would work for me with enough notice.

Post imported post

If it was in Lynchburg I would be interested.

Goliath

Post imported post

I don't get down that way much anymore, but I have OC'd at the Red Palace in Roanoke. Good food and decent price.

Post imported post

Sounds like we have some immediate interest in the Lynchburg area. I travel a good deal for work, but nights toward the end of the week or the weekend are usually better for me.

Post imported post

I.... could probably be talked into that. It's a couple of hours South, but not TERRIBLY far....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to join today. I'm in the Lynchburg area and mostly CC but would be interested in meeting up with like minded people in the area.

Post imported post

luxin wrote:
    I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to join today. I'm in the Lynchburg area and mostly CC but would be interested in meeting up with like minded people in the area.
    Welcome to OCDO! We're are glad to have you on board! Lots of good folks here...there are some questionable posters, but if you've been reading for a while, you already know who they are

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome. As for the questionable posters, I think I have a good grasp on them and take their comments with a grain of salt.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

luxin wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome. As for the questionable posters, I think I have a good grasp on them and take their comments with a grain of salt.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Far better a grain of salt than 158 grains of lead.

Post imported post

Looks like that grain of salt has some blood on it. Wonder if someone had loaded it in a shotgun shell for those pesky salesmen who are always coming to the door. I live way out in the woods and they show up at my house too.

Goliath

Post imported post

I'd be interested in meeting up some time. This is actually my first post on here. I've been reading through the forum for a couple days and finally decided to start contributing. I just got my CHP yesterday so I'll mostly be CCing; however, from what I've read on these forums so far, maybe I'll OC on occassions when I feel like having an opportunity to educate LEOs.

Post imported post

I'd be interested in about a month or so once we get setteled from the upcoming move. It would be a great way to meet some new people in the area.

I've gone to Lynchburg a few times a year over the last 3 years, but me and the missus will heading that way soon for good.