• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

This is also stickied in the Law Library. Thanks BobCav! :)

Below is the link to download a handy tri-fold flyer for giving to curious citizens.
It's a tri-fold intended for distro to the general populace, particularly when they ask you carry related Q's.

PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf

The content is heavily weighted towards open carry since there is much myth and mis-information regarding OC. Concealed carry is covered as well but because concealed carry is typically understood more in terms of statute it may seem disproportionately discussed in the flyer.

The flyer It is two sided (displays as two pages in the PDF doc) intended to be printed on std 8x10 paper (both sides) and then folded.
The margins are tight so you may need to tweak your print settings to get everything to line up right. If you select "scale to paper" or "shrink to fit" I have found that it shrinks the page too much, causing the graphic box to not be centered on the front fold.
On the two printers I've printed this on I had to adjust the scaling % manually in the advanced properties to get it to print perfectly. All printers are likely to be different so just a heads up.

Feel free to add suggestions for improvements or changes.

Flyer: PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf

Attachments

• PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf
    177.2 KB · Views: 272

BIG SHAFE

imported post

I would help, but I'm still new to the firearm game (couple months). I can post up some links with info that I've found. I'll work on that today.

Thanks for the VA info!:cool:

EDIT: Does someone have a Word document of this PDF? I could work on making an Ohio handout in the same format.

Steve in PA

imported post

I download a copy to my laptop. I'm working on my firearms presentation for this years qualifications in my dept, and I plan on handing it out and going over it with my officers.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
I download a copy to my laptop. I'm working on my firearms presentation for this years qualifications in my dept, and I plan on handing it out and going over it with my officers.

Awesome. I'm humbled you found it that useful. I'm sure your dept is up to speed on these things anyway and that is credited to you and the training you provide.
It's unfortunate that on forums such as this we most often hear of the problems with law enforcement. We rarely see mention of the good cops and the good they do even though as a whole the good things far outweight the bad. Kind of the nature of the discussion I guess... At any rate thanks, Steve, we appreciate it.

:monkey

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

BIG SHAFE wrote:
EDIT: Does someone have a Word document of this PDF? I could work on making an Ohio handout in the same format.

I don't think I can save it as Word .doc
just checked. I can save it as HTML (which you can open and manipulate in Word. Maybe even save as a .doc from there...
PM me your email if you want the file to mess with, or see if BobCav has any suggestions or other formats more compatible for you.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
Steve, that's very cool! Hey, I have family in Kingston and a cousin that's an attorney and I think used to be an Asst DA in Wilkes Barre.

TheJordTrain

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
TheJordTrain wrote:
bumped for great justice, mass hoplopedagogy and EPIC LOLS

Someone oughta sticky this thread anyway, had a bugger of a time finding it.
Agreed, though threads have had more of a tendency to get deleted than anything else recently... :uhoh:

What a pain. Well, I downloaded the file, and now it's on megaupload.com too, and it'll be good sitting there for a few months at least.

See:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8RIT0QB