• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Toolbar for your browser!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, folks, I've been feeling pretty creative lately so I made us a new OCDO Toolbar!

It has a list ofhelpful links, recent OCDO postings, local weather,e-mail notifier and pop-up blocker as well as internet search.

If there's anything Open Carry or gun related that you folks want to see added to it, just ask. I can update on the fly and it'll automatically update all installed toolbars.

Click the link to take you to the download page!
http://ocdo.ourtoolbar.com

If you have any questions just ask!

MOST RECENT UPDATES

7 July 2007
Just added a radio feature with all the VCDL VA-ALERT Podcasts and the NRA News Channel.

8 July 2007
Changed New Posts pulldown to list onlynew posts in each forum. Not yet implemented forState Forums....just too many individual states. Working on a solution.

IanB

imported post

I don't see no monkeys. Is this a joke?

Edit: Can see them with IE, but not Firefox.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Added a radio feature preloaded with the VA-ALERT Podcasts and NRA News and a built in chat feature.

Let me know which chat feature is better, this toolbar one or the irc chat?

sitedzn

imported post

it would be nice if you could get the new posts pull-down to take you to the latest unread post like the little green arrows do.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For firefox users, you need to manually copy the link and go to the page. For some reason, clicking on the link in this thread won't launch the install routine.

I'm using FF 2.0.0.4 on WinXP SP2.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just changed the link to take you from the Windows installer to the download page where you can select IE or Firefox.

Here's that link as well: sitedzn wrote:
it would be nice if you could get the new posts pull-down to take you to the latest unread post like the little green arrows do.
Thanks, I see that now. Lemme work on that one, I'd like that fix too!

joeroket

imported post

Bob, maybe you could put the popular state forums in it. Maybe the ones that get posted to everyday or so. Maybe Missouri, Nevada, Virginia, Washington, Utah and a couple others.

compmanio365

imported post

Just to let everyone know, the company that makes these toolbars does use them to track search results, links you click on, and serves you their own search results rather than letting you use Google search or another search engine. Nothing malicious, but it is trackware....some antispyware software might flag it or remove it. I don't think they are gathering any personal info, but anonymous statistics, referrer links, etc. If you are OK with that, then great, but the idea of someone else tracking where I go on the Internet doesn't sit right with me.......:?

If you Google the company or even "ourtoolbar" the results will show this........

imperialism2024

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Just to let everyone know, the company that makes these toolbars does use them to track search results, links you click on, and serves you their own search results rather than letting you use Google search or another search engine. Nothing malicious, but it is trackware....some antispyware software might flag it or remove it. I don't think they are gathering any personal info, but anonymous statistics, referrer links, etc. If you are OK with that, then great, but the idea of someone else tracking where I go on the Internet doesn't sit right with me.......:?

If you Google the company or even "ourtoolbar" the results will show this........
Does anyone else see the gross irony in a toolbar meant to promote the ideals of OC, including the fight against registration that then tracks the user? :uhoh:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
If you are OK with that, then great, but the idea of someone else tracking where I go on the Internet doesn't sit right with me.......:?

If you don't want to be tracked then don't use any G00gle product. I use Scroogle Scraper in its stead.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

PROUD American

imported post

I agree with companio365 and Doug, there is nothing wrong with the search engine attached to our toolbar. It does the SAMETHING as Google, Live.search, Yahoo, AltaVista and Dogpile, they all collect anonymous data. The website owners that utilize the search engines for advertising use the collected data to learn where there "visitors" come from and how they interact with their site. They then use the collected information to improve their online results, write better ads, strengthen their marketing initiatives, and create higher-converting websites. So, feel free to abandon all the above listed search engines and many more that I have not listed if your that concerned about your internet usage. But remember, your connecting through several servers at your ISP and several servers at your intended site and these all collect similar data. I typically use Google but, on special occasions, (when I feel the need for privacy) I will use Scroogle Scraper (just like Doug) which is available at: http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm.

Take care and stay safe,

Bob