• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Toolbar for your browser!

compmanio365

imported post

If you truly want to be anonymous while browsing the web, the best way I've found is to use TOR and Privoxy.....TOR is an anoymous bouncing proxy server (so when you load a page it uses a random proxy from across the world...makes it nearly impossible to track your location, but it slows you way down), while Privoxy strips all referrer information, such as browser, tracking cookies, OS version, etc, as well as blocks ads and other such things. These two working together makes you as anonymous as any program is going to be able to do. The other part of anonymity is just watching your tongue and not giving other people clues as to your location or identity.

Me? I'm not quite that paranoid. I only occasionally have use for TOR/Privoxy, and browsing this forum isn't one of those occasions.

PROUD American

imported post

I agree with all of your comments especially the part "It slows you way down". It's sooooo frustrating using those methods that I gave up on them!!! But, then again I have matured with age and have moved on from my more devious, bah nm...:uhoh:

Merry Christmas

Henry Bowman

imported post

Where is the uninstaller? I do not see this listed in my add/remove programs or programs menu. Is this some kind of spyware I can no longer get rid of? If so I'm Pissed :cuss:. I thought it was cool to start with but it seems to be slowing my laptop down. Please advise.

imperialism2024

imported post

Henry Bowman wrote:
Where is the uninstaller? I do not see this listed in my add/remove programs or programs menu. Is this some kind of spyware I can no longer get rid of? If so I'm Pissed :cuss:. I thought it was cool to start with but it seems to be slowing my laptop down. Please advise.
Well you see, it has a feature in it that keeps track of how much you open carry. If you don't open carry enough, it slows down your computer until you open carry more. When you recruit other people to our cause, it allows your computer to run even faster.

So, get busy!

:uhoh:

Anyhow, I haven't used this, so I don't entirely know what's going on.

Snoopy

imported post

Most search bars are controlled from within IE or FF and not from the add/remove programs. Try looking in the Tools:addons menu to see if it is there.

Henry Bowman wrote:

synjones

imported post

I am new to this forum,but its interesting.This is the forum were we can have all the information on the Updated News and we get the Political Alerts.Its the best way to to download this type of tool bar it adds the advantage to you.For making the access fast.
========================================
synjones

Wisconsin Alcohol Addiction Treatment

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

synjones wrote:
I am new to this forum,but its interesting.This is the forum were we can have all the information on the Updated News and we get the Political Alerts.Its the best way to to download this type of tool bar it adds the advantage to you.For making the access fast.
========================================
synjones

Wisconsin Alcohol Addiction Treatment
This website and drugtreatment.com/org is spamming all over the forum. It is getting very annoying!!!!