• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone O.C. in the Metro?

Mayday

imported post

Just wondering :question: I assume its legal; I mean Metro doesnt have the legal powers to make or enforce carry laws. I've CCW'd hundreds of times but never openly, not sure if it would bring down Metro Police on me.

My main concern is that Metro, for the most part hires from the DC resident pool. I'd say almost without exception, most DC folks tend to see ANYONE with a gun as a bad guy. I'd hate to get taken down by some fool born and raised in DC with an ichy trigger finger because he's ignorant of the law and jumped to conclusions.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Metro seems to follow the laws of the state they are in. You should be okay if you stay in VA. I'm not sure if the Pentagon stop in considered federal property and is off limits or not?

Here is the letter from metro:
http://www.virginia1774.org/METROLetter.jpg
Don;t go up and out of the station at Pentagon or Arlington Cemetery - federal military installation gun ban applies there. I have asked the WAMATA Board to ask the military for a peaceable journey exception, and the WAMATA board has refused - maybe we need to go to a WMATA meeting some time and ask them again :cool: