• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Whatcom and Skagit, new member here.

cut_cutta

imported post

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while. Reading all your posts got me turned on to the idea of open carry. I thought you all were crazy at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I feel that my gun is nothing to be ashamed of, that I should use my rights to the fullest, and try to educate more people. I carry a 9mm Hi-Point C9 (don't really want to hear any bashing, it's a good gun once broken in).

Anyway, I live in Skagit County, but my girlfriend lives in Bellingham, so I've been open carrying almost exclusively (except for at job interviews) the last couple weeks.
I have spent time in Burlington, Mount Vernon, Bellingham, including the Bellis Fair mall, Sportsman Warehouse in Burlington, Cascade mall in Burlington, Walmart in Mount Vernon, and a bunch of smaller stores and restaurants around.

I've encountered no problems whatsoever (knock on wood). Even in hippie-town (Bellingham), all I got was a few double-takes. I was suprised, because there is no possible way I could be mistaken even for an off-duty officer :cool:. I will continue to open-carry around these 2 counties I frequent, and I'll report back with any hard times I might come across in the future.

I usually CC with a custom made elastic hybrid bellyband / shoulder holster I made from 3" elastic I bought off Ebay, but now that I've been OCing way more I think I'm going to buy a Fobus paddle holster. Anyway, enough babble, I just wanted to thank you guys for the information you all provide, as well as the support. Knowing that I have you guys behind me makes me not feel like a jackass when people look at me funny. At most all they can do is ask me to leave the store. :dude: