• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's OC events

gregma

imported post

Well, I had my first encounter (by proxy) today!

Day started off by going to the little strip mall in Bridle Trails. Wife had to have her nails filled and a pedicure. We got there early, so we walked over to Starbucks and sat for about 20 minutes drinking before we decided to go to the Subway there to grab a bite to eat. No problems again in Starbucks at all.

We got to Subway (we have eaten there several times, but had been a while since the last time) and I sat down to get a table while my wife got our sandwiches. About 20 minutes later, a "family" came in on bikes. Father, Mother, Son. They ordered, grabbed the stuff and went outside to get back on their bikes.

My wife noticed outside that the boy was pointing at me and saying something to the Mother. A minute or so later, the woman comes back into the Subway and whispers something to the guy there. He says, loud enough for us to hear him, "He probably has a permt for it". My wife immediatly said back "Yes, he does."

After the lady left, the guy caught my eye, shook his head and said "Sorry about that." I replied to him "Not a problem, thank you for the way you handled it!".

When we left about 10 minutes later, I thanked him and told him to have a great day. He thanked us again and said to come back soon.

It was a great experience and the guy (I think he's the manager there) was awesome, really put the woman in her place. So, if any of you are in the area and hungry, I'd recommend that place!

After that, we went to Fry's so I could get some electronic components and spent about an hour and a half there. No issues at all. I know the "greeter" saw the firearm because he specifically looked at my right side. But dismissed it just as quickly.

Did have one guy while my wife was looking at a refridgerator really check me out. Both sides. I carry a spare mag, a tactical flashlight and a pouch of OC on my right hip.

So, all in all it was another great day! And my first "encouter" was handled by the guy at the subway shop, I didn't even have to get involved.

xpun8

imported post

Gregma, you're not a white haired gentleman and full beard? I was at the Ace around 11ish, I think I may have seen the bicycle family as I was leaving. There was a white haired gentleman coming out of subway. One of these days we're going to run into each other.;)

just_a_car

imported post

Hey gregma, just to make sure, this is the right Subway?:

12523 N.E. 144th St.
Kirkland, WA

If so, I'll make sure to stop by there next time I pass through Kirkland and I'm hungry so that I can commend them for acting so well and, thus, show them that supporting 2A rights can be profitable! ;)

just_a_car

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
I think it was this one:
6509 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland WA 98033

In Bridal Trails.
That's "Fresh Start Subs", but it is near a Starbucks. He originally said Subway in the post, but maybe he was mistaken... that's why I asked for clarification, since I want to get the right place. :)

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
Gregma, you're not a white haired gentleman and full beard? I was at the Ace around 11ish, I think I may have seen the bicycle family as I was leaving. There was a white haired gentleman coming out of subway. One of these days we're going to run into each other.;)
No full beard. And yes, it was about 11:30 or so when we left. I do have greying hair, but not white. And clean shaven (well, haven't shaved in about 2 days, so I do have a 10pm shadow ;)

We went right from the Subway to the Center Nails shop and went inside there.

gregma

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
xpun8 wrote:
I think it was this one:
6509 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland WA 98033

In Bridal Trails.
That's "Fresh Start Subs", but it is near a Starbucks. He originally said Subway in the post, but maybe he was mistaken... that's why I asked for clarification, since I want to get the right place. :)
That's the address all right. And it's a Subway Shop. Go to www.subway.com and put in 98033 in the store lookup. Maybe it used to be called Fresh Start Subs? But I know since we've been going to the Gym there about 2 years it's been Subway.

just_a_car

imported post

gregma wrote:
That's the address all right. And it's a Subway Shop. Go to http://www.subway.com and put in 98033 in the store lookup. Maybe it used to be called Fresh Start Subs? But I know since we've been going to the Gym there about 2 years it's been Subway.
Okay, I believe ya. I got my info from here (the first hit on Google for the address): http://www.explorekirkland.com/places_to_dine.cfm?content=376

But I looked at a few more sites and it looks like it's a Subway, as mentioned.

xpun8

imported post

gregma wrote:
No full beard. And yes, it was about 11:30 or so when we left. I do have greying hair, but not white. And clean shaven (well, haven't shaved in about 2 days, so I do have a 10pm shadow ;)

Ah well, this guy looked like he could play Santa in July.

xpun8

imported post

gregma wrote:
That's the address all right. And it's a Subway Shop. Go to http://www.subway.com and put in 98033 in the store lookup. Maybe it used to be called Fresh Start Subs? But I know since we've been going to the Gym there about 2 years it's been Subway.
It's been a subway since my wife was pregnant with our son 13 years ago. She would stop there on her way home from work and get a seafood sandwich. ;)

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
gregma wrote:

Ah well, this guy looked like he could play Santa in July.
I have the belly for it, but alas, not the beard :)