Thread: Pleasant people at Brians Guns and Tackle

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

So I'm traveling I-40/I-85 today. I normally stop at the Flying J in Haw River if I need fuel, or for snack/lunch, depending what time we leave my parents' house and where we are in the day. Today, as we approach, I see a billboard for Brian's Guns and Tackle - 1 mile past the Flying J in Haw River. As I need some magazines for my Bersa .40, I figure what the heck - let's check them out.

They didn't have what I needed. Didn't matter. Knowledgeable people, good service, pleasant conversation.

Though I have to admit when I walked in with husband and son, the first "How can we help you" was addressed to husband. It's a minor annoyance, and I should be used to it by now.

Don't know how they'd be to deal with on a regular basis, but I'd recommend a stop for anyone in the area.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

That's where I purchased my Remington 700 .30-06 from. A great place to shop.

Post imported post

dubccat51 wrote:
    Nice rifle. I have a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag. Fine rifle if I say so myself.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    dubccat51 wrote:
    Nice rifle. I have a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag. Fine rifle if I say so myself.
    Only the finest. I love Remington. I wish that they still made pistols.

Greater Metro Reidsville, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

They helped me about 3 or 4 yrs ago get a magazine for my Remington 788.

Very nice and helpfull folks.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

We stopped there again this Sunday on our way back from Hickory. Needed magazines for spouse's Kimber (no joy).

So spouse decided he'd try the Galco holster for his Kimber. Asked Briain if he could see the holster, then announced he was going to draw his sidearm to test it. Brian's comment was something like "Go ahead, I don't care."

So different from the places that would make you unload first, and watch, terrified, while you try a holster.

We'll keep going back each time we're in the area. Who knows, we might find something to buy. Too bad we can't buy guns there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I OC'd in Brians today to buy me a new bow from my parents at christmas. He was a little high on the price I think but he gave me 10% off and it looked like nobody even noticed I was packing.