• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pleasant people at Brians Guns and Tackle

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So I'm traveling I-40/I-85 today. I normally stop at the Flying J in Haw River if I need fuel, or for snack/lunch, depending what time we leave my parents' house and where we are in the day. Today, as we approach, I see a billboard for Brian's Guns and Tackle - 1 mile past the Flying J in Haw River. As I need some magazines for my Bersa .40, I figure what the heck - let's check them out.

They didn't have what I needed. Didn't matter. Knowledgeable people, good service, pleasant conversation.

Though I have to admit when I walked in with husband and son, the first "How can we help you" was addressed to husband. It's a minor annoyance, and I should be used to it by now.

Don't know how they'd be to deal with on a regular basis, but I'd recommend a stop for anyone in the area.

vrwmiller

imported post

dubccat51 wrote:
That's where I purchased my Remington 700 .30-06 from. A great place to shop.
Nice rifle. I have a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag. Fine rifle if I say so myself.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We stopped there again this Sunday on our way back from Hickory. Needed magazines for spouse's Kimber (no joy).

So spouse decided he'd try the Galco holster for his Kimber. Asked Briain if he could see the holster, then announced he was going to draw his sidearm to test it. Brian's comment was something like "Go ahead, I don't care."

So different from the places that would make you unload first, and watch, terrified, while you try a holster.

We'll keep going back each time we're in the area. Who knows, we might find something to buy. Too bad we can't buy guns there.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I OC'd in Brians today to buy me a new bow from my parents at christmas. He was a little high on the price I think but he gave me 10% off and it looked like nobody even noticed I was packing.