• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman arrested for dry lawn.

Legba

imported post

All of this is way off-topic, but I can't hold back:

That reminds me of the "Health" Department here that bitches about cutting your grass/weeds so the neighborhood looks nice to their standards, even though it isn't in any sense a health matter, and even though my father and I are both cardiac patients, and even though there are, of late, bothheat and smog emergencies here (both of us get hassled every year, without fail)... At least they subsume their whining under civil law and haven't resorted to beating people over it (yet) like this poor woman. F**k the neighbors' love of golf-course-looking-plots. I don't propose to be buried in one to satisfy their vanity or to boost their real estate appraisals.

-ljp

imported post

No, it's not way off-topic. The same mentality used to violate your right to acquire/own/use/protect/enjoy/dispose of your gun is the SAME mentality which violates your right to be left alone. FYI, there's a poster on this site, IN UTAH, who is quite a supporter of using force to see that YOU live by HIS standards.

Land of the free? Naw...........not hardly.