Thread: Appealing a passed bill but does not Enact till '08

Post imported post

I have a question. As a small business owner Maryland's Clean Indoor Air Act which passed but does not enact till Feb. 2008 will kill my business.

So my question here is: If I were to attempt to appeal this and have an exemption made. What steps should I take to do this? Lawyer? Delegate to support me? Another way?

Thanks for the help. I have been pretty pissed off since they started to form this bill. Then they did not release what the bill was stopping until after it was passed. Got to love those MD people.

Post imported post

Well.... you might be onto something with that last sentence....

Perhaps "acting in bad faith" by whoever passed it, by not releasing what it did.

I'm most likely talking sideways, though. Hopefully, it will lead you in the right direction.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Well right now I am moving full force attempting to make myself heard with the Gov. of MD and my delegate. I have also gained the allies of the county I operate in who are going to help me accomplish this. At least I hope I can accomplish this.

Post imported post

Or just pack up and come back to Virginia, MD is known for small business unfriendlyness.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
    Or just pack up and come back to Virginia, MD is known for small business unfriendlyness.
    I thought there were large business unfriendly given their recent "WalMart health care bill".
    ---