• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appealing a passed bill but does not Enact till '08

Scheetz

imported post

I have a question. As a small business owner Maryland's Clean Indoor Air Act which passed but does not enact till Feb. 2008 will kill my business.
hand1.gif

So my question here is: If I were to attempt to appeal this and have an exemption made. What steps should I take to do this? Lawyer? Delegate to support me? Another way?

Thanks for the help. I have been pretty pissed off since they started to form this bill. Then they did not release what the bill was stopping until after it was passed.
blink.gif
Got to love those MD people.

AbNo

imported post

Well.... you might be onto something with that last sentence....

Perhaps "acting in bad faith" by whoever passed it, by not releasing what it did.

I'm most likely talking sideways, though. Hopefully, it will lead you in the right direction.

Scheetz

imported post

Well right now I am moving full force attempting to make myself heard with the Gov. of MD and my delegate. I have also gained the allies of the county I operate in who are going to help me accomplish this. At least I hope I can accomplish this.