• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in Island/Skagit Counties

tstanfield12

imported post

Yeah Green's rents out guns. Not sure if they have a G27 or G23 but they do have a few Glocks available.

Cougar125

imported post

badger54 wrote:
Does anybody know if Greens rents guns out...
I know they do, but I don't know what they have. I can find out this weekend when I go out again. IIRC they're only open Thurs-Sun something like 10-6

Bear 45/70

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
You might want to try Ace Hardware for a holster but, if not, Sportsmans Warehouse in Burlington would, I would think, have a good fit. I like the Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Belt Slide, except that it does not have a magazine holder.
Spare mags belong on you weak side anyway.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Can you give me directions from Baghdad? Do they take AAFES POG's at Greenes?
:dude:
LT, get back to work! Be sure to stop in the Loft when you get back.

Cougar125

imported post

Thursday after work (roughly 1600-1630) some guys from work and I will be going out to Greenes for some shooting. I'll be firing some test loads and trying some of their 'rentals'. I'll make sure to wear my FBI (Female Body Inspector) hat for easy identification.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
jbone wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Can you give me directions from Baghdad? Do they take AAFES POG's at Greenes?
:dude:
LT, get back to work! Be sure to stop in the Loft when you get back.
What was that I heard?!? Something from the peanut gallery?!?
Short timer gallery! Lets OC when you get back with all the OH folks, I'll be happy to make the drive from civilization to OH.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
"Short timer gallery! Lets OC when you get back with all the OH folks, I'll be happy to make the drive from civilization to OH. "

Geeze, you make it sound like you would driving to somewhere, oh, I don't, like BAGHDAD!

Is BAGHDAD a *(&*$ hole?

We could all gather upand OC for breakfast at that restaurant "Franks" in OH, great food, go to ACE and the pawn shopslooking at guns. Maybe even range time at greens.December is just arond the corner.

jbone

imported post

badger54 wrote:
Is Franks place next to The Coachman Inn and what used to be Jasons.
I'm told you are correct.

Cougar125

imported post

That may work. Hopefully by then I'll have a holster. Tough shopping for stuff I'd like with a wife and 5 kids...

Bear 45/70

imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Cougar125 wrote:
......................................with a wife and 5 kids...
And who's fault would that be?:D
Don't be hatin. ;) 4 of them are my step kids...only 1 of them is mine. ITS THE WIFE'S FAULT!! rofl
Yeah, you are real brave blaming the wife here, but I'll bet big money you don't tell her that.
RoflLg.gif
But then again neither would I.
icon_hide.gif

Cougar125

imported post

Does anybody have time off Thursday morning, or work nights, that'd be interested in shooting at Greene's when they open (1000)? I have to adjust the scope to fit meand get it sighted back in on my new 270. Of course, this is all weather permitting.

VLR4

imported post

I havent met you but would like to meet some Oak Harbor folks. No time Thursday, but how about going shooting on the 27th? Either at Greens or at Plantaion range. I would like to go to the pit near MT Baker but I dont know how the weather will be. I'm going shooting regardless cuz I bought my father-n-law a XD45 for Christmas and I'm sure he will want to go. Plus I should have my Geissele Hi speed trigger installed on my Stag AR buy then.

Cougar125

imported post

Is Plantation the one that is part of Whatcom County parks? I went there with my father in law and its just not really my cup of tea. The price is the same for Greene's as that one for out of county, but its a lot closer. As far as the 27th I'll have to check the schedule and see whats up.

VLR4

imported post

Yes it's the one in Whatcom. The reason I said I might go there is B/C Greens might be closed for the holidays like they were for Thanksgiving. They didnt open back up untill Dec 4th. Anyway I'll find out what day's they will be closed and let you know.