• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jesse Jackson Gun Control Protests

Keepandbear

imported post

NEWS RELEASE

Citizens Committee for the
Right to Keep and Bear Arms
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

CCRKBA TELLS GUN OWNERS TO CIRCLE AUG. 28 FOR COUNTER PROTEST EFFORT

For Immediate Release: July 9, 2007

BELLEVUE, WA – While Rev. Jesse Jackson is feverishly organizing a 25-city anti-gun protest on Tuesday, Aug. 28, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) wants gun owners to visit gun shops and shooting ranges, and contact their state and federal lawmakers on that date to demand that they support our Second Amendment rights.

Jackson’s day of national protest is timed on the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s 1963 March on Washington, D.C.

“The great hypocrisy here,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan M. Gottlieb, “is that Dr. King’s historic march was to promote and defend civil rights. What Jesse Jackson is planning is designed to crush America’s most important civil right. A right that Dr. King exercised by owning a handgun.”

Jackson wants to limit the number of firearms a person may purchase in a calendar year, place new restrictions on who is allowed to legally own a handgun, and mandate longer waiting periods.

“While Jackson and his gun-grabbing cronies want to make it more difficult, if not impossible, for average Americans to keep and bear arms,” Gottlieb said, “gun owners can exercise their Constitutional rights, and tell their lawmakers to defend the Second Amendment. They can visit a gun shop, buy a gun or ammunition, or visit a range and exercise their rights.

“Being from Chicago,” Gottlieb said, “it is astonishing that Jackson has failed to see the correlation between that city’s Draconian handgun ban and Chicago’s violent crime rate, yet he wants to lead a nationwide protest against a constitutionally-protected civil right. Rev. Jackson evidently has forgotten the question raised in Luke, Chapter 6: ‘Can the blind lead the blind’?”

“Holding law-abiding gun owners responsible for crimes they did not commit, which is what restrictive gun laws do, is like bearing false witness against thy neighbor,” Gottlieb said. “I might suggest that anybody joining in this protest remember the words of Matthew, who said ‘Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

To counter Mr. Jackson's idiotic efforts, I will be buying a firearm on August 28th 2007. I will call it my Jesse Jackson gun and it willjoin my Bloomberg gun and Clinton gun(bought the day he left office).:) I think I've got a collection going!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I work that day But I will try to make it down to the Local shop and see if I too can get myself a "Jesse-Gun":lol:. I'm thinking a S&W 629 in 44Mag.:monkey.

Yea...It's weird that he wants to exercised his Civil Rights to Protest, Freedom of Speech AND Freedom to worship ( 1st Amendment) . But not allow the inalienable Right to defend oneself, Family and Country .

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment01/

U.S. Constitution: First Amendment

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Amendment Text | Annotations
[size=+1]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. [/size]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment02/

.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

Amendment Text | Annotations
[size=+1]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. [/size]

What's going on with this World?

I can do this, cuz If You don't let me You are Racial. But You can't do that, cuz if you do You are a killer.:uhoh:

Just my .45