• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of.... Tractor Supply Company?

vt357

imported post

Wooley wrote:
Yes, in a situation like this it would be better to be the victim.

But what if she was a nut and was CCing? Reach like that and you're eating floor, fight me and I'll dislocate an arm. In all honesty it would be a knee jerk reaction from me. If close enough I'd rather use a non-lethal method to subdue rather than a) draw down, or b) get drawn down on.

If you see what may very well be presentation of a weapon and you are close enough to stop the draw and eliminate the threat, why not?

"Officer, she was acting in an aggressive manner and reached behind her back. I closed the distance and controlled her arm until she wasn't a threat."
In the situation as described by the OP, all of the witnesses would likely say that the OP and Sk were involved in a heated argument. In those circumstances you would have a hard time defending your actions without first attempting to stand down or leave - the whole initial confrontation caveat.

If a 220 pound dude did that to you, would you just stand there to see what he comes up with? No? Then why a girl? You're not going to be in control of her either when she puts a gun in your face.
There's also something called disparity of force.

Wooley

imported post

In the extreme you'll be betting your life on that disparity of force. Better hope she hasn't had quality training and knows how to use your weight/size/strength advantage against you.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You should have called the police and had Skulker arrested for assault when she put her hand behind her back and came at you. It sounds as though you may have been concerned that she was going to strike or spray you. AFAIK, that constitutes assault.

ETA: First person who calls 911 wins:celebrate

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Wooley wrote:

But what if she was a nut and was CCing? Reach like that and you're eating floor,..."
I 100% understand where you are coming from.
Again, I simply disagree. I think it very unlikly she be packing heat (I know, I know, assumptions)
AND in the eyes of a jury the little lady knocke out by the bid bad (previously OC'ing) badd-ass is a situation I would avoid at all costs (including getting punched, sprayed, etc) :)

EDIT to add: Now if it was a man (or a uncle pat female, bigger than me :)) I would be more inclined to take your position. Not 100% but maybe 99
;)
Again, I don't disagree with your logic, jut the application of such to this[/i] situation

Wooley

imported post

I totally get where you guys are coming from too. I'm just not inclined to give someone the chance to get the upper hand so easily.

If you want to create distance and see what cover is available while preparing to possibly be the 2nd one to draw thats cool too. Its an option and having options will save you. Giving the other person options will limit you and maybe get you hurt.

I do see where she could have reached with the intention of getting him to draw, that would be bad all around.

However, I feel checking an action from an aggressive person keeps the field level. Maybe in my OP it was a bit much...but you all know you'd LOVEcrack on someone for acting stupid.

vt357

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Wooley wrote:

But what if she was a nut and was CCing? Reach like that and you're eating floor,..."
I 100% understand where you are coming from.
Again, I simply disagree. I think it very unlikly she be packing heat (I know, I know, assumptions)
AND in the eyes of a jury the little lady knocke out by the bid bad (previously OC'ing) badd-ass is a situation I would avoid at all costs (including getting punched, sprayed, etc) :)

EDIT to add: Now if it was a man (or a uncle pat female, bigger than me :)) I would be more inclined to take your position. Not 100% but maybe 99
;)
Again, I don't disagree with your logic, jut the application of such to this situation

I think I will have to add a +1 to what he said.

It's not that I think that taking your course of action would be necessarily the wrong one. But it isn't about what you know is right, it's about what you can prove is right. You would be very hard pressed to get a LEO responding to the call to see your side.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Wooley wrote:
I totally get where you guys are coming from too. I'm just not inclined to give someone the chance to get the upper hand so easily.

If you want to create distance and see what cover is available while preparing to possibly be the 2nd one to draw thats cool too. ...
In the end, and not having been in the OP's situation, I would think this is exactly the correct line of reaction given what we know about the situation via 3rd party story.

Retreat first, if able. If need be defend yourself (or not depending on the situation such as a knife vs. 109lb backed fist, oc spray, etc)

Wooley

imported post

Well, in a perfect world she (replace"she"/"her" withhe, it, they, him, etc)acts like an idiot and then fakes a draw. Wooley drops her while attaining an armbar and accidentally hyperextendsher elbow once she's "resting" on the tile. Officer Friendly tells her she shouldn't have bluffed Wooley like that.

In the real world, Wooley waits for an opportunity to pounce knowing acting too soon can be costly. This opportunity never presents itself and Wooley goes back to shopping for yarn and a needle.

What? I like to knit. :cool:

AbNo

imported post

Well, as I'd said, by the time I noticed her hand going back (I was working on keeping eye contact, usually works well when it's coming from above), Ch had already grabbed her, and for me to do anything to Skulker would've required knocking Ch (a pretty nice little old lady) over, or at least out of the way.

Probably wouldn't have helped my case any....

That being said, I did just get back from Target and Auto Zone. :what: There were piles of bodies in the streets, mayhem and people getting shot left and right. Gutters flowed red with blood.....

Wait..... no they didn't. I got my milk, sandwhich makings, a couple of cans of fruit, drove back across town, picked up some jack stands and a pair of 10mm socket heads. Then I came back here and made a sandwich.

vrwmiller

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Wait..... no they didn't. I got my milk, sandwhich makings, a couple of cans of fruit, drove back across town, picked up some jack stands and a pair of 10mm socket heads. Then I came back here and made a sandwich.
WTH kind of sandwich did you make that required some jack stands and a pair of 10mm socket heads? :shock:

vrwmiller

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
WTH kind of sandwich did you make that required some jack stands and a pair of 10mm socket heads?
Gotta be a Dagwood!

Yeah, baby!

pressrelease_8775_1147278234.jpg

AbNo

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
AbNo wrote:
WTH kind of sandwich did you make that required some jack stands and a pair of 10mm socket heads?  :shock:

mrgreenaf9.gif

Actually, I've broken a wrench, and two socket heads so far....

Old bolts in Old Jeeps = broken metal. :lol:

And the sandwich was yummy. :quirky

72Malibu

imported post

Old bolts in old Jeeps should equal use of an impact wrench (electric or pneumatic). Make sure you're careful with it though, don't want the streets to be filled with oil and non-cylindrical pieces of metal. :shock:

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

also never forget the value of the "blue tip" wrench, be it ascetylene or propane.... ocasionally the use of it is required (removed sheared off bolts for rear seat)

AbNo

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
Old bolts in old Jeeps should equal use of an impact wrench (electric or pneumatic).  Make sure you're careful with it though, don't want the streets to be filled with oil and non-cylindrical pieces of metal. :shock:

Impact wrench is low on my purchase list, after a 1911, a pocket gun (Bersa?), and a receiver hitch.

And possible that AR-15.

And I'll probably need new Jeep tires by then. :banghead:

:lol:

I mean, hey, I just got a jack for it yesterday!

zoom6zoom

imported post

If Sk is willing to attempt to initiate a physical confrontation with someone she knows to be armed, I think she needs to go on that list of mentally unstable persons.