• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airman Shot on 4th

Bolt06

imported post

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13627335/detail.html?rss=phi&psp=news

Sorry for the late post.. I can't comment on some of it because of the investigation and privacy for victim. but I have information that you will never see posted from a NJ news network.

An airman was going to a 4th of July party and was shot by a 21 yr old male who drove up, got out of his car, walked into the front yard pulled a weapon, said he hated the military and government and fired one round (which struck a Senior Airman from McGuire AFB). He then shot himself in the head.

One of thewitnesses there is licensed to CC and saw the perps weapon about 4 - 5 seconds before the first shotwas fired (he was close enough to shoot but not enough to tackle), but when he instinctively reached for his weapon...it wasn't there since he was following NJ state law and didn't have it with him.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

The news report mentioned a "quick police response." Not as quick a response as the airmanwould have if he was allowed to carry his gun.... Not that the NJ communists care.

USN_MA1

imported post

That is shitty. Who cares if some lunatic kills himself. The airman could be alive if it wasnt for ignorant rules. Reading things like this really piss me off.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
That is shitty. Who cares if some lunatic kills himself. The airman could be alive if it wasnt for ignorant rules. Reading things like this really piss me off.

Unless the situation has changed - fortunately, the airman did NOT die, and the shooter did.

It's insane that an airman had even to be wounded, but there's one fewer crazy men on the planet, now.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

This is truly unfortunate that we have to prove to the anti's that gun laws don't work with this type of evidence.

The thing that gets me, is that these jackasses kill themselves after they commit the crime, yes, they are saving us money by doing so, but they look so cowardly after the fact.

What did this young man thinking he was going to accomplish?

I am glad to hear the Airman is doing better.

AbNo

imported post

"My son was definitely not anti-war. He never made a statement against the war itself. Everybody dislikes war. He made general statements like we should not be there, but he did not run up and down the street yelling I hate the war," Marren's Father said.

Uh huh... Sure.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Recent reporting is that the authorities have not released the contents of the memos. Can someone cite the source where the shooter was "anti-war" and wanted to shoot a soldier? SrA Schrieken was not in uniform and was not on base.

echo6tango

imported post

I'm anti-war, anti-violence and I'm gonna prove that to you by killing you and then killing myself?! That will get your point across. Why not douse yourself with gasoline, sit down in an intersection, and light a match. You wanna make a statement and take yourself out in the process? Super. But don't take others with you. Killing someone that provided you the very freedoms to express yourself...?

Tomahawk

imported post

echo6tango wrote:
I'm anti-war, anti-violence and I'm gonna prove that to you by killing you and then killing myself?! That will get your point across. Why not douse yourself with gasoline, sit down in an intersection, and light a match. You wanna make a statement and take yourself out in the process? Super. But don't take others with you. Killing someone that provided you the very freedoms to express yourself...?
If you wanna light yourself on fire, please do it somewhere where it won't interfere with traffic. I suggest you dig a 6 ft. hole, and do it in the bottom of the hole. Please make arrangments to have the hole filled before you begin, including tipping the backhoe operator.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
echo6tango wrote:
If you wanna light yourself on fire, please do it somewhere where it won't interfere with traffic. I suggest you dig a 6 ft. hole, and do it in the bottom of the hole. Please make arrangments to have the hole filled before you begin, including tipping the backhoe operator.
What do you tip a backhoe guy? 20 bucks? Well I guess it doesn't matter -- you can't take it with you!

MetalChris

imported post

AbNo wrote:
IIRC, this nut-job walked up the the SrA, asked him if he was in the AF, and shot after receiving a positive response.

From what I read, the guy simply walked up to him and popped him without any warning or conversation...I think the whole "anti-war" spin was cooked up by the right-wing crowd.

Don't get me wrong...I'm what most would consider right-wing, but hate it when either side embelishes a story to make the other side look worse. Whatever happened to just getting the story out?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
AbNo wrote:
IIRC, this nut-job walked up the the SrA, asked him if he was in the AF, and shot after receiving a positive response.

From what I read, the guy simply walked up to him and popped him without any warning or conversation...I think the whole "anti-war" spin was cooked up by the right-wing crowd.

Don't get me wrong...I'm what most would consider right-wing, but hate it when either side embelishes a story to make the other side look worse. Whatever happened to just getting the story out?
I'm with you. No need to "embelish" the story for partisan or ideological reasons. A brave man who has served his country was attacked and almost killed by a gunman. That's tragedy enough.Isthe "anti-war" angle accurate? I don't know.

"The Burlington County prosecutor's office said Marren's notes didn't mention the military, or the war in Iraq. There's no evidence that Marren knew Schrieken, or that he knew the civilian-clothed victim was a member of the armed services."

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/8619187.html

Maybe. Maybe not.
The "anti-war" thang is news if it is. Lame if is not true.

Bolt06