• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of McDonalds

PackininVB

imported post

Alright so this happened a couple weeks ago, and i just havent posted it cause ive been so busy with gettin ready for this deployment and all but heres the scoop.

Me adn my buddy decide to go into mcdonalds (the one on the corner of Donna and First Colonial, across from the target) one night around like 8 or 9 pm, i was OCing as usual (And had OCed there before) and we walked in behind some couple.

We stand in line behind the couple and they never turned around (i dont think at least). The guy behind the counter tells the couple to hold on and runs outside.

He comes back inwith his manager and she looks at me and says "You cant have that in here!"

I told her it was legal and for her to call her manager. So she calls him on her cell.

She said id have to take the gun outside. I told her i know McDonalds policy is to follow the state laws in whatever state their in.

She says that she talked to the store owner and he says i cant have that in the store that i makes people nervous.

I told her fat adn ugly people scare me and are you going to tell them to get out?

She gave me a dirty look and just kept saying i had to leave.

I left, but not as quiet as a mouse. i let them know that they were wrong, that it was legal, and that i was going to contact their corporate. (i was in a crappy mood that day and my buddy wasnt really getting my back, he was just saying "just go outside dude"...etc)

So i stood right outside the door until my buddy got our food and then we left. I was hoping to god that they would call the cops and the cops would try to give me shit, but they never did and we left.

I always knew that people working at McDonalds were idiots but this new rash in VB really calls for some serious work. If i was there i would do what i could but people really need to get out there and show the whole damn town that this is LEGAL and were not going away.

So thats my story. i havent gotten around to writing corporate or anythign yet, im at sea now so ill get around to it soon.

Whats funny is the target across the street gave me crap once when i OCed there til i talked to the manager and told her it was legal and she said ok... Since then ive OCed alot there, walked right past the security guard plenty of times and havent heard a thing from anyone or any employee since.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

PackininVB wrote:
I left, but not as quiet as a mouse. i let them know that they were wrong, that it was legal, and that i was going to contact their corporate. (i was in a crappy mood that day and my buddy wasnt really getting my back, he was just saying "just go outside dude"...etc)
"Not as quiet as a mouse?" :uhoh:

What exactly did you say (that your buddy was urgingyou to just leave?And how did you say it? Did you create a scene?

PackininVB wrote:
I was hoping to god that they would call the cops and the cops would try to give me shit, but they never did and we left.
Sounds like you were looking more for a confrontation than communicating your right to OC. This isn't the first time this has occurred for you based on your reportings previously...(Lynnhaven Mall, etc.)

PackininVB

imported post

Not as quiet as a mouse meant that i was trying to tell them stuff like "Dont you know this is legal?" and "This isnt McDonalds policy" and stuff like that, i wasnt making a scene or starting a fight or anything but i let them know that i was displeased adn that they were not going to get my money anymore.

I was hoping that they would call the cops so that they would come and either one, they wouldnt know the laws and i would let them in on it, or two, they would tell mcdonalds that it was legal and that they should get over themselves.

IanB

imported post

HankT wrote:
Sounds like you were looking more for a confrontation than communicating your right to OC. This isn't the first time this has occurred for you based on your reportings previously...(Lynnhaven Mall, etc.)
Sorry bro, but Hank's right, I too have noticed that trend in you. One of the ways I decide if someone is helping the OC cause is to question myself "Would I hang out in public with this person at an OC event"? And in your case, I wouldn't.

As for the cops being called by McD's... there are corporate stores and franchise stores. A franchisee may not allow firearms in the store. Also, where have you heard McD's corporate firearm policy? Please let all of us know, it has not been discussed here before. In absence of firm policy, what position are you speaking from telling them what their policy is?

I told her i know McDonald's policy is to follow the state laws in whatever state their in.

Once the cops come, the manager is going to tell you you are not allowed back on the property and the police will tell you to get lost or charge you with trespassing. Neither of them are interested in hearing your "I know more about McD's policy than you do" or "It's legal so get over yourselves" speeches.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For once, I'm gonna have to go with Hank on this one. You are a jackass. Sure it is legal, but it is also private property and can ask you to leave. McDonalds is not a city park or other public area, so you don't have much legal room to argue your case once the po po arrive. You need to choose your battles more wisely, I think.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

PackininVB:Based on your own report of your comments,I thinkyou set the open carry cause back, which is shameful.Quite frankly, you would have scared me if I was open or concealed carrying and was at that McDonalds. Calling people "fat and ugly" is childish.

My business (I am the general manager) is open carry friendly (and it is a financial institution!) but I can guarantee you that I would have called the cops if I had asked you to leave and you didn't immediately do so.

And why in the world would you "hope" the cops "give you shit"?

ChinChin

imported post

My friend,

Civility in all things, but especially in this arena. You came off as a "bully with a gun" and do us all a disservice when you conduct yourself in such a manner.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

PackininVB, while I certainly sympathize with your frustration of being persecuted for OC I have to firmly side with the others on this thread regarding their observations and conclusions based on the this thread and the prior one referenced within.

If your going to carry a gun (CC or OC) you MUST leave your attitude at home. Being right is one thing but the moment you make a scene you are automatically seen as the offensive (wrong) party in the eyes of witnesses. Particularly those witnesses that were not privy to the encounter prior to the scene IOW: they don't even know what is going on other than some guy with a gun is being ejected.

Please think hard and long about what everyone has posted here. We, as a group, are not ones to compromise or cow-tow to anyone but we have to be smarter and more eloquent in our dealings with the opposition than the opposition is themselves or we will be cast in a negative light to anyone witness to such.
If you want to further the cause of OC rights by being an ambassador of said than you need to learn to take your punches that inevitably WILL come your way. It is not possible to win every anti-OC battle on the spot that it occurs. We often must retreat, re-arm and re-engage in a virtual battle through corporate, legal and public information channels, etc.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
This is the posting that HankT was referring to about Lynnhaven Mall.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=1354&forum_id=54

I'll let youall judge that one for yourselves.

Yea, I remember reading this and I had a knot in my stomach:( and I never responded back cuz my language wouldn't have been PG, PG-13 either. :cuss:

I was utterly disgusted by this reading and I feel sick to my stomach to hear him kinda Bragg about it.

In my Opinion this feller should not Carry at all nor Carry anything of any kind. He is wreckless and I would been scared around him to and I can take my share,but acting almost in a threatening manner I probably would have asked him to leave myself or even gladly walked up to him having 911 on the ph. In both situations.

I am almost never by myself out eating but have my Sweetheart with me and her Safety would have been #1 on my list and everybody else after that ( not that anybody is "less" worth but my Sweetheart is MY Sweetheart.

This feller should NOT carry in my Opinion unless he has gone thru an Anger managment class or SOMETHING.

I believe that we all have the Right to defend ourselves but this guy is wrong and should just simply have stated

-"Ma'am/Sir it is legal to Carry a Firearm in the Open in the State of XXX per Title so-and-so,however I will respect that this Private Property and Contact proper Mangement to see what the Company policy is. I will now leave along with my $$$. You have a Great Day." And after this IMMEDIATELY exited the Door and left the Property

This is how it should have ended in my opinion.

Just my .45

acrimsontide

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
This is the posting that HankT was referring to about Lynnhaven Mall.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=1354&forum_id=54

I'll let youall judge that one for yourselves.

Yea, I remember reading this and I had a knot in my stomach:( and I never responded back cuz my language wouldn't have been PG, PG-13 either. :cuss:

I was utterly disgusted by this reading and I feel sick to my stomach to hear him kinda Bragg about it.

In my Opinion this feller should not Carry at all nor Carry anything of any kind. He is wreckless and I would been scared around him to and I can take my share,but acting almost in a threatening manner I probably would have asked him to leave myself or even gladly walked up to him having 911 on the ph. In both situations.

I am almost never by myself out eating but have my Sweetheart with me and her Safety would have been #1 on my list and everybody else after that ( not that anybody is "less" worth but my Sweetheart is MY Sweetheart.

This feller should NOT carry in my Opinion unless he has gone thru an Anger managment class or SOMETHING.

I believe that we all have the Right to defend ourselves but this guy is wrong and should just simply have stated

-"Ma'am/Sir it is legal to Carry a Firearm in the Open in the State of XXX per Title so-and-so,however I will respect that this Private Property and Contact proper Mangement to see what the Company policy is. I will now leave along with my $$$. You have a Great Day." And after this IMMEDIATELY exited the Door and left the Property

This is how it should have ended in my opinion.

Just my .45
Yep, That would have been the appropriate ending. Actions like those of Packininvb encourage the anti-gunners to push for tougher carry laws. I would assume that once someone is asked to leave private property and they refuse to do so, they woud be guilty of trespassing. Packininvb is probably fortunant that LEO was not called.

wsweeks2

imported post

I can't say that I disagree with him at all however. If I went somewhere that I knew banned the carry of firearms and wanted to argue, that's on me. If I'm somewhere I know that I'm legal and that company has a policy to follow the laws where the store is located, I'm going to bring that to their attention.

If we all just go along with making others feel good because they don't want us there, we are just caving in and we lose. Others need to learn to accept it because it is legal and if they don't like it, they can leave.

We have all caved in enough to the opposition so why can't they deal with it. If he has a legal right to be there and the parent corp. has no policy against it, how was he wrong?

I do however disagree with his other situation and going from CC to OC in a confrontation.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

I just finished reading the 6 pages of the Lynnhaven Mall incident.

Virginia? As in 'Navy guys(and gals)everywhere' Virginia? This guy sounds Navy. Deployment? At sea? He might be a Marine, maybe.

I am Navy as well, and I can usually tell if someone is military or not, by actions and appearance. Granted, I'm not 100%, but close enough. I've made people uncomfortable during my scrutiny as I searched for an indication that I would be required to render a salute, because they 'vibed' Officer, which would normally end in just saying hello as I passed.

If this guy is Armed Forces, and 23 years old, I would guess E-4, or E-5 at most, depending on his rate. The First-Classes I know, even the ones I don't think should be First-Classes, ALL have never shown any indication of PackininVB's actions or attitude.

I would not associate with him, nay, I would be ashamed to call him a shipmate. I would also admonish all USN/USMC personnel, Officer or Enlisted, to have the courage to say, "Shipmate, you're not displaying actions in keeping with the highest traditions of the naval service." I am surprised that the first Officer in his chain-of-command 'let this go'. I am surprised that his Chief hadn't impressed upon him, following the Lynnhaven Mall Incident, the ramifications of his actions, past, present, and future.

I would suggest that Mr PackininVBis not carrying only to defend himself. From the pattern ofconduct he exhibits, he also attempts to forcehis behavioronto unwilling parties. Namely, asking/telling another citizen to leave property not his own(Mall), and not leaving the premises immediately after being told to do so(McD). I'm sure there are other examples.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Unless your peace interferes with his life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I could be wrong, but that's classic double standard.

I would recommend that, upon return from deployment, you become very familiar with your Legal Officer, particularly regarding UCMJ Article 15 and the punitive articles.

I would also agree with previous posters with respect to your posts being used as evidence against you. If you reveal enough information, through posts / replies / comments, to lead an investigation to your e-doorstep and/or yourself, be prepared to have the honor to take responsibility for your conduct.

Not as much I wanted to say right now, but for the sake of thedead horse I'll try to cool off a little.

By the way, Hello to all. I've been over in PDO for a little while, same screen name. I hope I can learn from everything and everyone here.

Stay Safe!

CPL_in_WA

imported post

wsweeks2 wrote:
I can't say that I disagree with him at all however. If I went somewhere that I knew banned the carry of firearms and wanted to argue, that's on me. If I'm somewhere I know that I'm legal and that company has a policy to follow the laws where the store is located, I'm going to bring that to their attention.

If we all just go along with making others feel good because they don't want us there, we are just caving in and we lose. Others need to learn to accept it because it is legal and if they don't like it, they can leave.

We have all caved in enough to the opposition so why can't they deal with it. If he has a legal right to be there and the parent corp. has no policy against it, how was he wrong?

I do however disagree with his other situation and going from CC to OC in a confrontation.

We all know that it is a good thing to bring the fact of possession of a weapon on private property to the owner's attention. Communication and Information. The issue on that point was the manner in which he did so. Also, in this case, the person that didn't feel good was the owner of the private property. If he doesn't feel good about firearms on his property, it is his right to ask you to leave. So if there is no policy regarding the firearm issue in question, the owner or the property cannot tell you to leave? I'm not sure how to take that. Please help me better understand.

I think everybody disagrees with his prior situation. Including myself.