• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of McDonalds

bayboy42

imported post

wsweeks2.......but the bottom line is, he was TOLD to leave. Re-read some of the posts (like P. Patriots) and maybe you'll see that nobody is advocating "being bullied" rather they are advocating more tactful approaches then the one PackininVB chose to use.

EDIT: I started typing this response before several others basically said what I was trying to say.....I just never hit sent:banghead:

CPL_in_WA

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
CPL_in_WA wrote:
I noticed BobCav was called "Senior" by Reverend73. Is that in reference to Senior Chief Petty Officer? If so, I am in better company than I had originally thought.
What sort of company did you originally think you were in?

Uh oh...:(let's see how deep the hole goes...

I had originally thought mostly gunowners that OC'ed and CCW, with possibly a few military, active/ reserve / retired, sprinkled in. Very good company indeed. Seeing Senior as a "Member Moderator" makes that very, very good company.

V/R CM2(SCW)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CPL_in_WA wrote:
I noticed BobCav was called "Senior" by Reverend73. Is that in reference to Senior Chief Petty Officer? If so, I am in better company than I had originally thought.

Yep, that is exactly what it refers to.

His claimed specialty was something to do with gas turbines. I don't know about that, but I can vouch for his skill at handling and producing hot air! :)

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CPL_in_WA wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
CPL_in_WA wrote:
What sort of company did you originally think you were in?

Uh oh...:(let's see how deep the hole goes...

I had originally thought mostly gunowners that OC'ed and CCW, with possibly a few military, active/ reserve / retired, sprinkled in. Very good company indeed. Seeing Senior as a "Member Moderator" makes that very, very good company.

V/R CM2(SCW)

There are lots of active duty, reservist, and retired military members on here. And at least 3 bubbleheads that I know of :D

CPL_in_WA

imported post

Citizen wrote:
CPL_in_WA wrote:

His claimed specialty was something to do with gas turbines. I don't know about that, but I can vouch for his skill at handling and producing hot air! :)
I'm still active, so I'll hold my tongue, and my hot air, on this :p:D

acrimsontide

imported post

wsweeks2 wrote:
The owner wasn't even there. He was told second hand that the owner wanted him to leave by someone who would have come up with any excuse in the book.

If the rest of you want to be bullied by some anti-gun McDonald's manager, I guess that's your choice.
It's not quite the same as being bullied. Theperson owns or is running the store. It is under his/her control. If the owner asked someone to leave, they should comply. The person OC'ing there is the guest and becomes a trespasser if he/she does not leave. As for the owner not being there in person, it makes not difference. My son's name is not on the deed to my house, but if he asks someone to leave, then they should leave since he is my representative. I am all for carrying legally carrying a firearm whether it is legally carried openly or concealed HOWEVER I don't think that we improve our position when we are confrontational while carrying in public. The other people in a public place should also be considered in this type of situation. The guy sitting there with his wife and kids does not know fully what is taking place. Maybe he picks up on the conversation and perceives "this guy with a gun was giving the clerk a hard time". If he is right or wrong doesn't matter, he has formed an opinion. Maybe this guy up to this point had no "dog in the fight" of carrying, but now he does!!! His meal with his family has been disturbed by, in his opinion, a guy with a gun. Guess how he votes on the next gun control referendum!!!I carry every day, but if someone is asked to leave my home or business and they don't do it, then I am calling LEO to have them removed. How does an arrest for criminal trespass help our cause of open carrying?

CPL_in_WA

imported post

Bullied? It really doesn't matter what you call an owner's request to vacate his property, it's still his right.

Bully: To affect by means of force or coercion.

Not the only definition, but one which the property owner is entitled to.

Bully: To use browbeating language or behavior.

In this case, guess to which involved party this would apply?

Sometimes I go and look in the dictionary... for no apparent reason :idea:

CPL_in_WA

imported post

It's just that logic dictates I discontinue beating the dead horse, but my sense tell me it hasn't learned it lesson yet.

Just like my headache is telling me to get some rest, but my curiosity keeps me glued to OCDO.

Just like, um, er, I'm tired...I guess the dead horse can whoa.. I mean wait.

ne1

imported post

It seems many here think that if all gun owners were told to "sit in the back of the bus" they should simply do as told,unless fortunate enough to own the bus.No wonder 2A rights are being so eroded. Rosa Parks had more gumption than all of you.

[align=center]

People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn't true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was forty-two. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.
”[/align]

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ne1 wrote:
It seems many here think that if all gun owners were told to "sit in the back of the bus" they should simply do as told,unless fortunate enough to own the bus.No wonder 2A rights are being so eroded. Rosa Parks had more gumption than all of you.
I think that is far from the case here. No one is advocationg "sitting at the back of the bus" What we are advocating is not acting like a jackass, and becoming confrontational/ causing a scene when asked to leave private property

bayboy42

imported post

Bold claim ne1.......too bad its the most off-base claim I've heard here in quite some time.

gump·tion (gŭmp'shən)
n. Informal.

1. Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness. (i.e. Danbus returning to exact same spot within one day of having a gun pointed at his chest....Rev's multiple complaints/visits to Police Stations/FOIA requests....i could go on and on
  2. Guts; spunk. (i.e. See previous remark about Danbus's actions....if that ain't guts, not sure what is)
  3. Common sense. (i.e. the whole premise of this entire thread)

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Bold claim ne1.......too bad its the most off-base claim I've heard here in quite some time.

gump·tion (gŭmp'shən)
n. Informal.

1. Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness. (i.e. Danbus returning to exact same spot within one day of having a gun pointed at his chest....Rev's multiple complaints/visits to Police Stations/FOIA requests....i could go on and on
  2. Guts; spunk. (i.e. See previous remark about Danbus's actions....if that ain't guts, not sure what is)
  3. Common sense. (i.e. the whole premise of this entire thread)
Well said.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

ne1 wrote:

I guess we can complicate it.

It seems many here would patronize a different bus service, if the bus company dictated such a ridiculous policy. If fortunate enough to own a bus, I would welcome law-abiding citizens. Besides, are you telling us we should just go buy a McDonalds, so we don't have to worry about a place we can eat and OC?

I'd dare to say that holding a woman of such historical stature 'over our heads' won't have the intended effect. Would you have thegumption to do as CMA3 Marvin Shields had done? I sincerely hope I would, should the situation arise. I imagine I'm not the only one here that feels that way.

This brings up a point of humor. I take it you're not advocating "Would you like a table in the open-carry section, concealed-carry section, or our victim section on the rear veranda?" I would have had to get that off my chest someday... might as well be here.:D

unrequited

imported post

btw guys... not only do anti-'s read this site, but sometimes our personal anti-'s will read it to find ammo.

I've been sharing my personal OC and news-related OC/CC stories on a video game forum I've been on for the past couple months, to the chagrin of a couple posters.

http://forums.gamehavoc.com/showthread.php?t=20326

Just remember you're being watched by others not apart of our small community, so it reflects upon us all.

ne1

imported post

All I am saying is that rights are for everyone- even those perceived to be acting like jackasses.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:
CPL_in_WA wrote:

ROTFLMAO....

Gas Turbines...:lol:....

Seems to be a quite skillful Senior:what::monkey