Thread: Fun OC "Incident"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OC'd at a restaurant for lunch today. I won't say where so certain LEOs' on this forum can't track me down.

The meal was uneventful. As I was leaving is when the fun happened.

I've eaten there a number of times. I am usually outgoing, friendly, and playful with restaurant staff wherever I eat; after the second or third visit, staff usually remember me. The manager in thisrestaurantis a younger woman,very friendlywith her customers. She had never, to my knowledge, noticed my OC'd sidearm.

Today she had her own lunch late, and ate at a table with an elderly couple who had already eaten and were just chatting with her. I passed their table on the way out. She asked, "Is that a gun?" (Stong interest,no fear). I replied, "Yes,"andpretended to briefly "model" my "fashion accessory."In pretended fear she leaned away, covered her head with her arms and said, "Oh, no!" In mock protest Isaid,"I don't say 'oh, no' when you serve meyour food!" She said, "Exactly!" By this point the elderly couple were rolling out of their chairs laughing.We parted company with big smiles on everybody's faces.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I like a good laugh...

BZ on the positive encounter... and for sharing

Post imported post

I was in Food Lion In hampton last night and as i was searching the shelf when a man and woman passed behind me and I heard her reply, Jesus i gotta get mine and get my carry permit. First time I heard some one comment.

Post imported post

Gotta love it. I have yet to have a positive event while opencarrying, or even a negative one. All of mine have been non-events or neutral. I see the :shock:every now and then though. I don't OC as much anymore. I went balls-to-the-wall for a little while and it was somewhat of an adrenaline rush to "expose myself", but I started to grow uncomfortable with the added attention. I do now mostly when necessary. I'm typically somewhat of a shy person though a couple of people in here may not believe it. I'm shy, but open up quickly.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    OC'd at a restaurant for lunch today. I won't say where so certain LEOs' on this forum can't track me down.

The meal was uneventful. As I was leaving is when the fun happened.

I've eaten there a number of times. I am usually outgoing, friendly, and playful with restaurant staff wherever I eat; after the second or third visit, staff usually remember me. The manager in thisrestaurantis a younger woman,very friendlywith her customers. She had never, to my knowledge, noticed my OC'd sidearm.

Today she had her own lunch late, and ate at a table with an elderly couple who had already eaten and were just chatting with her. I passed their table on the way out. She asked, "Is that a gun?" (Stong interest,no fear). I replied, "Yes,"andpretended to briefly "model" my "fashion accessory."In pretended fear she leaned away, covered her head with her arms and said, "Oh, no!" In mock protest Isaid,"I don't say 'oh, no' when you serve meyour food!" She said, "Exactly!" By this point the elderly couple were rolling out of their chairs laughing.We parted company with big smiles on everybody's faces.
    I'm picturing "Zoolander" with a sidearm...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

You're going to pay for that!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:

You're going to pay for that!
    Well, if I'm going to pay, fashionboy, I'm gonna get my money's worth! (besides, you made it so easy)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OK OK OK You win!!!

Ow! leggo my dignity, or at least what's left of it.

Post imported post

Citizen...

Congrats on 1000 entries!

So where were you eating? I need to know this for professional reasons...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I won't say where so certain LEOs' on this forum can't track me down.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Citizen...

Congrats on 1000 entries!

So where were you eating? I need to know this for professional reasons...
    You do know he carries a video camera? Apparently he does not have a permit for it nor is it registered.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"