• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun OC "Incident"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OC'd at a restaurant for lunch today. I won't say where so certain LEOs' on this forum can't track me down. :)

The meal was uneventful. As I was leaving is when the fun happened.

I've eaten there a number of times. I am usually outgoing, friendly, and playful with restaurant staff wherever I eat; after the second or third visit, staff usually remember me. The manager in thisrestaurantis a younger woman,very friendlywith her customers. She had never, to my knowledge, noticed my OC'd sidearm.

Today she had her own lunch late, and ate at a table with an elderly couple who had already eaten and were just chatting with her. I passed their table on the way out. She asked, "Is that a gun?" (Stong interest,no fear). I replied, "Yes,"andpretended to briefly "model" my "fashion accessory."In pretended fear she leaned away, covered her head with her arms and said, "Oh, no!" In mock protest Isaid,"I don't say 'oh, no' when you serve meyour food!" She said, "Exactly!" By this point the elderly couple were rolling out of their chairs laughing.We parted company with big smiles on everybody's faces.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was in Food Lion In hampton last night and as i was searching the shelf when a man and woman passed behind me and I heard her reply, Jesus i gotta get mine and get my carry permit. First time I heard some one comment.:lol:

72Malibu

imported post

Gotta love it. I have yet to have a positive event while opencarrying, or even a negative one. All of mine have been non-events or neutral. I see the :shock:every now and then though. I don't OC as much anymore. I went balls-to-the-wall for a little while and it was somewhat of an adrenaline rush to "expose myself", but I started to grow uncomfortable with the added attention. I do now mostly when necessary. I'm typically somewhat of a shy person though a couple of people in here may not believe it. I'm shy, but open up quickly.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
OC'd at a restaurant for lunch today. I won't say where so certain LEOs' on this forum can't track me down. :)

The meal was uneventful. As I was leaving is when the fun happened.

I've eaten there a number of times. I am usually outgoing, friendly, and playful with restaurant staff wherever I eat; after the second or third visit, staff usually remember me. The manager in thisrestaurantis a younger woman,very friendlywith her customers. She had never, to my knowledge, noticed my OC'd sidearm.

Today she had her own lunch late, and ate at a table with an elderly couple who had already eaten and were just chatting with her. I passed their table on the way out. She asked, "Is that a gun?" (Stong interest,no fear). I replied, "Yes,"andpretended to briefly "model" my "fashion accessory."In pretended fear she leaned away, covered her head with her arms and said, "Oh, no!" In mock protest Isaid,"I don't say 'oh, no' when you serve meyour food!" She said, "Exactly!" By this point the elderly couple were rolling out of their chairs laughing.We parted company with big smiles on everybody's faces.
I'm picturing "Zoolander" with a sidearm...

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I'm picturing "Zoolander" with a sidearm...

:D:D:D

You're going to pay for that! :)
Well, if I'm going to pay, fashionboy, I'm gonna get my money's worth! (besides, you made it so easy)

will_ferrell_zoolander_003.jpg

zoolander.jpg

LEO 229

imported post

Citizen...

Congrats on 1000 entries!

So where were you eating? I need to know this for professional reasons...;)