• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minimum Age to Buy Ammunition?

nickerj1

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
unrequited wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I remember when I was a youngster... I could not buy .22 ammo and had to ask my uncle to get it for me. This was the one and only time I ever met him too.

I guess I was probably 12 at the time so it was obvious I was too young.
What's the statute of limitations on arranging a straw purchase for ammo? *snicker*
Since it was 28 years ago and in another state.... I am not worried about my Uncle. ;)

And it's illegal for the ammunition seller to sell it, not for the underage purchaser to purchase it. ;)

Sir, I don't recall from whom I bought the ammunition from. Wait, Ben and Jerry's!

me812

imported post

In the 1960's there was a time when all ammo purchases were recorded, AND required ID. I am not certain when this requirement was lifted,

IIRC, it was a part of GOPA '86.

Weirdbeard

Support all rights? I don’t think so.

nickerj1 wrote:
??????

I have noticed that nickerj1 said they will support this right as long as all rights are fought for. Where do we draw the line? Since nickerj1 said this in 2007, obama wasn’t in office. A lot has changed since he went in & I fear that his (obama’s) decisions has now made us an enemy with God/Jesus Christ. Some things should never be supported (2Jn10-11). We can go further with nickerj1’s comment & ask if they would support my right (all rights?) to break in & steal their couch, or worse (leaving it up to your imagination)? We could say that I was “born that way.” Once again, where do we draw the line & which rights is nickerj1 referring to?
I believe a 13 year old should be able to buy ammo (today I see that Wal-Mart & Dick’s Sporting Goods is raising the age to 21 to buy ammo...) of any caliber. Should a 13 year old or a 70 year old decide to shoot & kill a perain, then they in turn need to be shot & killed in the same manner. It’s basic math. The land cries out for blood that is spilled by those who spill it. If it’s not done, then those in the land will grow exponentially more evil (Ecc. 8:11).

Firearms Iinstuctor

In the 1960's there was a time when all ammo purchases were recorded, AND required ID. I am not certain when this requirement was lifted,

IIRC, it was a part of GOPA '86.

Do mean the Gun Control Act of 1968

It went away some time in 80's.

Some places I believe had it earlier but it wasn't a federal law.

Last edited: