• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC (VA) and LEO / Clueless Citizen Interaction Checklist?

vrwmiller

imported post

Man, great entertainment! I need to setup a popcorn and refreshment stand!

popcorn.gif

ScottNH

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Take a hike mr. 34 posts. Big contributer you are eh?
"I have many more posts than you. I talk a lot. Therefore my posts are worth more than yours."

Fortunately,the emoticon for that one is available.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ScottNH

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
ScottNH wrote:
You missed this part of the thread? The part where I acknowledged getting into a thread creep and apologized?

"You are, of course, exactly correct. Thisis the WA forum, but the thread had drifted Eastward, and I blindly went with it, and we ended up discussing VA law. Sorry."

Still searching for "shaking head"...

You missed the part where I am NOT appologize, because I did not take the thread OFF topic.... YOU DID.

DUH

PS: your the only noob that tok offense to my innocent comment

This is getting ridiculous, but let me try this one more time:

1. Thread = List for VA OC'ers. Your comment had nothing to do with List for VA OC'ers.

2. Disgusted by inane comments that don't contribute to the thread is not "offended."

3. "noob?" Try this: ScottNH, Joined Sep 11, 2006. Pa. Patriot, Joined May 4th, 2007. Er...who's the "noob?"

4. Am I really arguing with this clown at 12:30AM? WTF is wrong with me?

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

ScottNH wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote: "I have many more posts than you. I talk a lot. Therefore my posts are worth more than yours."

Fortunately,the emoticon for that one is available.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Your posts in this thread make it abundantly clear what your posts are worth.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

ScottNH wrote:
This is getting ridiculous, but let me try this one more time:
I thought that from your first assinine post where you felt the need to "correct" me on what state this thread was about.

You were out of line, whether you concede or not. Period.

Try this:
Again, you are the only person with a problem with my original comment. Coincidence?
Nah

You seem to suffer from a complex in which you think your more important than you are.

You can continue, I'm through with you.
1) It's well beneath me to perpetuate a thread like this where one vigilante seeks to right the wrongs I've perpetrated on the forum by daring to post a PA comment in a VA thread.

AND

2) out of respect for the other members (unlike you who are loking to start a fight)

Good patrolling to you and AMF! :)

ETA:
PS: You owe the good citizens of VA an appology for derailing their thread that was doing just fine until you decided to pick a fight with me.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

And... the 10 out of 26 posts that actually followed thread topic... are on the first page...

Oops, sorry I posted. I should've know not to post on a VA thread, being from WA, stationed in MS, and deployed to Spain. My bad.

I'd like to point out that the general concepts of this thread could be valuable to anyone, taken with the understanding that they are state-based.

I'm not sure about the 'recording' issue in WA or MS, but now I know that VA is good to go, and PA is not.

Looks around....

Now, where didthat popcorn stand get off to? I want me some sugar babies... :quirky

XD Owner

imported post

Step 5 - Say, Officer, I didn't get your name. Could I have a business card please? (Take business card.)

Am I being detained?

You want ID? OK, my name is (example of XD Owner) and it is spelled First name X-ray Delta Last Name Oscar Whiskey November Echo Romeo. OR, say sorry, I'm uncomfortable revealing that information to you. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR SSN. They are not entitled to it. If they want my date of birth, they will have to arrest me, and then I am totally clammingup and calculating how much my civil attorney will extract from the locality where thearrest occurred.

You want me to follow you? Sorry, but I'm comfortable right here. Or "Sorry, but I have other business and since you are not detaining me, I am free to go you know. Have a pleasant day."

Based on my past experiences, at least with Alexandria PD, I know what I am saying and doing next time they decide to "interact" with me.

Let them know that you know that Open Carry is LAWFUL in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and unless you are being detained for some reason (match the description of a suspect of a recent mugging incident or bank robbery), you are going on your way.

Oh, did someone unaware of the legality of open carry of firearms notice my pistol and called the police? I am so sorry to hear that. I guess you'll have to tell them what I am doing is totally legal since I am in compliance with the law. No permit is required you know. I guess the caller did not know that. Have a nice day. Good bye!

If they cross the line, file a FOIA and then when you have all (or at least most of the facts), complain in writing to the police department, City Council, Commonwealth's Attorney Office, even FBI. If they get outrageous and book you on some bogus charge, make them pay, literally. I agree with some other posters here, the only way to get some of these localities to understand that we have certain inalienable rights (RKBA, liberty, freedom from unlawful seizures and detention) is to sue their butts.

OK, back to the off-topic discussion!

Wooley

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
This was/is a checklist for VA OC'ers. Since Iknow one-party recording is OK in VA, I added step 1a. Where I live is irrelevant. Your comment had nothing to do with a checklist for VA OC'ers, and added nothing to the thread. :banghead:

Your comment is exactly like this one, seen every day on this and other forums:

Original Post: "I live in FL. Is it mandatory to notify LEO's if I'm stopped while carrying?"

Inane Comment, which adds nothing to the thread: "It is in Oklahoma."

Did I mention:banghead:?
I don't know...being that some of us VA peoples livea short drive from PAand may travel thereon occasion it seems relevant to me.Seems to meas a Virginian you might want on your VA checklist variancesof other states in close proximity that you may travel to due tothat proximity. Knowledge ispower.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

+1 to Wooley.

I'm not from the East Coast, and did not realize PA was a fairly common and/or relatively short drive from VA. Those big Western states keep screwing me up.

I would say that remaining calm would be more a 'whole encounter attitude' rather than a single step,but an excellent suggestion nonetheless.

Edit for grammar...:p

PackininVB

imported post

I think its funny, The emoticon says it all. Its just somone sittin in PA pouting cause they cant do what we can here.:D Nothin more than a lil humor, nothin wrong with that i dont think.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

ixtow wrote:
[slaps everyone]

This even looks reatarded all the way from FL. 2 pages and still the topic is avoided?

Stop arguing you ninnies! Be useful.

I count 4 of 15 (not includingthis post) posts on page two that have something to say about the topic. Obviously not the perfect 100% we hope for, but not ignoring the topic.

Besides, we 'carry' just in case, right? We shouldn't expect threads to be troll-free all the time, like we shouldn't expect church to be deranged-madman-free all the time either.

Yayy!! Sugar high!! Yayy!!

30 cal slut

imported post

CPL_in_WA wrote:
Oops, sorry I posted. I should've know not to post on a VA thread, being from WA, stationed in MS, and deployed to Spain. My bad.

Ok, now I'm really confused. :p

Pa Patriot - actually, if you have something that is applicable to PA that would be a really helpful resource in the PA forum, since I'm just as likely to OC in PA as in VA. Perhaps VA could be a template that gets customized for PA (as you pointed out, no one-party recording).

My impression is that the folks from VA who do OC have more frequent LEO interactions than folks who do soin PA. Maybe that will change when I head over to PA. LOL.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

PackininVB wrote:
I think its funny, The emoticon says it all. Its just somone sittin in PA pouting cause they cant do what we can here.:D Nothin more than a lil humor, nothin wrong with that i dont think.

Thanks, packin'.
Indeed, it was just a bit-o-humor
not in PA :(
I also found it useful to post for the reasons others like Wooley and 30cal posted.
1) PA people read this thread.
2) VA people travel to PA.

I apologize to those trying to use this thread for it's intended and very useful purpose.
Anyone here that knows me knows I don't derail threads on purpose.
In my opinion my comment was innocuous and somewhat on topic. Had I known it would create a stink I would not have posted it. I think the stink made was due to poor judgment on the part of another. Regardless I concede that I should not have argued with the self appointed moderator on list. I was simply annoyed at his callous attitude and admit that I should have just left it as was, inappropriate on him. Sometimes there is a fine line between sticking up for yourself and just plain fighting. In the future I will be more inclined to not stick up for myself just so as I can not be confused as the trouble maker :)