• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virtual university massacre

dng

State Researcher
imported post

http://thepost.baker.ohiou.edu/articles/2007/07/12/features/20747.html

I guess this goes to show that you should even "carry" inthe virtual world as well. I guess we all have something new to discuss: which is better; virtual OC or CC. I think they should offer virtual self defense classes as well, just to make sure you don't get virtually killed. (or attacked by...flying penis? lol, that's just too funny..:lol:) Someone must have been "carrying" because no one was "killed."

dng

State Researcher
imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
That was virtually a nonstory. :celebrate
LMAO... good one! Primer will dance with Banana man for that pun! :monkey

unrequited

imported post

...if you outlaw virtual firearms, only virtual outlaws will have 'em? Hah.

How do they expect anybody to follow thier policy? It's unenforceable. Unfortunately, on their real campus where firearms are also banned, this policy is also unenforceable against bad guys... only in real life, they're not called griefers, they're called murderers.

vrwmiller

imported post

In December, flying penises disrupted a CNET news reporter’s interview in Second Life.
I have to admit, I think it would be rather traumatic to be attacked by flying penises.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
In December, flying penises disrupted a CNET news reporter’s interview in Second Life.
I have to admit, I think it would be rather traumatic to be attacked by flying penises.
I think that justifies carrying, don't you? I would want a little more firepower than my regular carry handgun, though... Probably more along the lines of a 50 cal machine gun, because a sight like that would be traumatic to say the least.

kurtmax_0

imported post

BIG SHAFE wrote:
$30,000?!?!?! What a waste of money.:X
Actually, many people make a good deal of money in Second Life. The currency can be converted between 'real' and 'virtual' money...

Although, the whole idea of Second Life is rather... odd... imo.

Tomahawk

imported post

“Even if someone pulls a firearm and shoots a firearm at you on the OU campus, it won’t damage you,” Keesey said, adding that firearms are banned on the virtual campus, just as they are on the university’s actual campuses.

This is anti-think at its finest. They have an ineffective "ban" on virtual guns, and because it doesn't work, they live out their fantasy by making it nonlethal. Now if they just wish hard enough, real guns won't actually hurt anyone either.

LMAO

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Don't feel bad. I didn't know what it was either. If you Google it, their website can describe it better than I can. Basically, it is a virtual world you can "live" in if your life sucks.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you haven't heard of it then you must have a real life to begin with. (I had to look it up too.)

782109924_266fe08353_o.gif

gun guy

imported post

"In December, flying penises disrupted a CNET news reporter’s interview in Second Life."

I would be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life, while OCing a USAS-12.

usas-12-1.jpg

TrueBrit

imported post

I am delighted to be out of the loop if this kind of idiocy is starting to proliferate!

What kind of wanker actually plays this game?

Flying dicks? give me a break!

I guess I am just too curmudgeonly to appreciate anything other than good dogs,fast horses, beautiful women and decent guns!

Believe it or not, I am the happiest guy in Kentucky!
:lol:
TrueBrit.