• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred Meyer and Washington Mutual

Magix

imported post

Awesome! That's my Fred Meyer too. I OC in there occasionally and never had a problem. Great story!

heresolong

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
I was dressed in a plain black t-shirt and blue shorts (fashion faux pas?) with sneakers and a blue cap.
So long as you weren't wearing black socks with those sneakers you're probably OK. :lol:

Jeff Hayes

imported post

OCed today at the Fred Meyer Wandermere in Spokane for 30 minutes or so and then at Greese Monkey for another 30 minutes no problems at either place.

Orphan

Batousaii

imported post

Magix wrote:
Awesome! That's my Fred Meyer too. I OC in there occasionally and never had a problem. Great story!

Slowly working on my Fred Meyer in Port Orchard. I'm getting them (and the rest of my environment) used to "Wayne" my old model .45 Ruger Vaquero. It's rainy season, so they only get to see the bottom half of "Wayne's" big chubby holster, Sticks out of the bottom of my jacket like a sore thumb, and it undoubtedly a "cowboy holster" even if they cant see the actual six-gun (-yet-) .. Once rainy season is over, i'll break out the full drop loop and sport a nicer holster.... i gotta get a new belt rig too, my old one is a bit small for me now, and getting worn.

-- So far, i gotten a few coy smiles from the manager, a few odd looks from sheeple, and and a few approving nods from patriots. Wife and I were in the little mall in Port Orchard too, and one of the store managers noticed the sore thumb, asked me if i carry often, struck up a conversation,and then showed me his kimber .45 .. SaWeeeT... Nice guy too.

- Unlike an nicely tucked auto in a waistband holster, there is an almost 0% chance they will "not notice" the old school rig.... i dont do it to rub it in any ones face, honestly, it is simply my personal style.... old school, elegant, distinctive ... packs a punch like a kicking mule if it needs to.

Thumbs up to all for good encounters !! i really like hearing the good stories best.

:dude:Bat

edit - spelling

tai4de2

imported post

gregma wrote:
My reports are pretty boring, I'm not sure if anyone is really interested in all the new places I go OC'ing. If this is getting too boring, just say the word and I will only post if something "interesting" happens.
No dude, keep 'em coming!

Capn Camo

imported post

"I'll probably never know, but it was fun glancing at him and smiling. To which he would immediatly divert his eyes. I love playing games with people like that :D"

Very effective psychology. Some of them are suddenly afraid or at least nervous that you have an 'advantage' and smiling and nodding puts them at ease. Had a man staring at me in a Mexican restaurant in Tri Cities today, I just looked back, nodded, and resumed talking with my party. Should'a seen the look on the faces of the two Mexicans in the lobby when I rounded the corner and my G26 came square up in their faces.

Whats Spanish for "I just pooped myself?"

Im finding that few people notice. Especially when its openly "concealed" (invisible) against black dress slacks- the all black Glock and Uncle Mikes more or less disappear. I have a nice 'Fed Blue' jacket from a previous Engineering job thats Ive trained the lapels to cover the company logo and my name. They swear Im a cop.
Im actually considering a business card carrier and handcuffs on my belt. After all, we are authorized by RCW to assist LEOs. Some chicks dig handcuffs, too....:D

Havent tried the bank yet, heck, its my money in there, right?
Have yet to don camos and the AR and go for a walk. Should be fun. Its open carry, right? Law only speaks to PISTOLS...

Manners only put us far above the negative, anti social, radical hateful anti gun crowd. Win-Win.

joeroket

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
Have yet to don camos and the AR and go for a walk. Should be fun. Its open carry, right? Law only speaks to PISTOLS...

Manners only put us far above the negative, anti social, radical hateful anti gun crowd. Win-Win.

You better read State v Spencer.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Capn Camo,

Although it is legal to wear the handcuffs, and dress so that it would appear that you are LEO, I would counsel against that. It could be too easy to accidently "cross the line" into what some might call impersonation.

IANAL, but I do have several years experience in this area. If I remember correctly, as long as you do not make any statement, conduct an overt act or try to elicit information that only a LEO would get, you should be OK. The operative word here is "should"be OK.

Do as you wish, just be very careful.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would agree, don't try and look like something you are not. If we Ocer's just look like everyday people we carry more of a powerful message.

I dress in either jeans or dockers and a shirt with a collar most everyday. I wear a black paddle holster with my Sig. I am sure because I am well presented that people assume. I would say at my Freddy's in Federal Way that 99.99% never even notice.

That is what I prefer, then if it comes up. My response is 'oh, I always have this, you just have never noticed. Good day.'